possible over active thyroid?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband has thryoid issues that run in his family and his Mom had Grave's Disease. He has been feeling tired, moody, etc. He had his thryoid checked at the doctor. TSH 0.9 and Free T4 was 1.4...it looks to me like his thyroid is being over active.  The doctor said the labs look fine.  Would it hurt to do a thyroid supplement tea (it has lemon balm, motherwort, and bugleweed) which are all suppose to help an overactive thyroid.  I ordered the tea to try it.  Has anyone else had experience with this tea? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Can u get tests done privately first then ask GP for  endo  referral?

​Has an USS been mentionedat all to rule out nodules?

• Posted

Well, the GP said he could go see an endocrinologist if he wants. But he said his TSH and T4 (listed in previous post) were normal. He has a lot of stress with work. So I am thinking the stress is a big factor in being close to hyperthyroidism. So I purchased the Thyroid Support tea, which is for overactive thryoid and was going to see if having him drink a cup each night before bed would help with sleep, mood, etc..  Didn't know if anyone has experience with this?

• Posted

The contents of the tea are excellent for treating overactive thyroid.  Though his TSH is 0.9, which is more active that most people, it is still within the normal range so no doctor would prescribe meds for this.
    • Posted

Yeah, I figured the doctor wouldn't treat him with meds.. Do you think doing the tea will help to be proactive in avoiding Grave's like his Mom had?

• Posted

Linda TSH is still low.It may have been even lower at various points unbeknown to the patient or the dr. It depends what time of  day it was taken at  et.c

​Dr P advocates  24 hour urine collection to check thyroid hormones.

• Posted

When you have had a TSH of less than 0.001 and it rises to 0.90, they consider that very good indeed and normal.  The ranges for normal vary from lab to lab but they have lowered the normal range to in some cases be from 0.40 to 3.00.  I understand where you are coming from though.  Most people with normal thyroid have TSH over 1.00.
  • Posted

Isn't it lovely you're trying to make your husband feel good ...

why bother with tea ... it is very slow indeed

One of the things I take .. I have Graves .. but I'm Euthyroid , is

Lemon Balm

Motherwort

And Bugleweed

All bought from Amazon in Liquid form

Buy the best tinctures you can

Mix them in equal quantities and put into a brown glass bottle or old brown glass medicine bottle ..

I use a bottle with dropper ( also Amazon) which contains about a teaspoon full

Tell him to empty underneath his tongue and keep it there for approx a minute .. then swallow

Reason is the blood vessels under the tongue will absorb this mixture quickly

And start to have desired effect

Instead of going into stomach with not the same effect at all ...

He could take 2 or 3 teaspoonful at a time ..

when he feels uptight or anxious ..

Good luck !!

If it looks like he is overactive .. it would be clever to have another blood test and this time test for antibodies for Graves

Then he could start treatment and hopefully become Euthyroid !!

It would be great if he he could get well again with help of supplements

Come back on here with his new results ( antibodies ) and we'll be waiting to help him

.. and you

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

Hi Madge Good advice indeed. I have a consistently low TSH andnodules, still can't get RAI recommended by Consultant Endo as GP says tests are within range when theey are clearly not. Feel like giving up with the stress.

• Posted

Thanks Madge

Is it safe for people with Long QT syndrome I wonder?

xx

• Posted

Thank you Madge! I will try this if the tea doesnt help.  The tea has those 3 supplements you listed in it too. smile 
    • Posted

yes ... but i think you'll find that the pure tincture leaves the tea well 

short of helping  "

mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.