Possible yeast infection or worse????

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed doxycycline for a 10 day period to clear up a respiratory infection I had. As soon as I stopped taking the doxycycline, I begin having other symptoms within the next 2 days. Swollen lymph nodes in my neck and groin, fatigue, and what I initially thought was a yeast infection. I went to the dr for all these and he agreed and put me on diflucan and prednisone. I started both of these yesterday, but I'm concerned about the sores.... they're painful and round, white sores that are everywhere. Not just localized in one area. Should I go get a second opinion?? Or should I let the medicine run its course and see what happens?

Also, right before the "yeast infection" I had unprotected sex 2 nights in a row and did not clean myself up afterwards, I laid with cum laying in my vaginal area for at least 8 hours both nights (yes, very VERY stupid of me, I know). I usually always get up straight away and get cleaned up, but for some reason I didn't this time. 😩

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It seems like mono infection, and the doc put you on prednisone, suggests he suspects autoiimune reaction. 
    • Posted

I went to my OBGYN. She took one look at the sores and said definitely herpes. Did blood work to see if it was HPV1 or HPV2 and both came back negative! Not herpes. Must've been some crazy reaction to all the medicine and mono....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.