Possibly impacted wisdom tooth discomfort?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having mild discomfort/pressure and clicking in my left jaw for about three months now. The clicking is regular while the discomfort is occasional. I have an impacted wisdom tooth which popped out partially around the same time as when the discomfort started. The tooth itself doesn't hurt though. No other symptoms. Could this be related to the tooth?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you feel sudden discomfort, you should visit your dentist near you to receive an oral exam. Typically, X-rays can determine if the tooth is causing any issues or can potentially cause an issue. If the wisdom tooth is impacted, it can cause infections as it's more difficult to clean. Many dentists recommend removing impacted wisdom teeth to prevent future oral health problems from occurring. If you're looking to receive tooth removal in Okotoks, your dentist will administer anesthesia to ensure you're comfortable. They will then use tools to remove your tooth. It usually takes around a week to two weeks to recover. During the recovery period, it's important to eat soft foods and avoid dislodging the blood clot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.