POST Anterior and posterior pelvic repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone I had my repair operation Friday and came home Saturday,  Very lucky to have my mum looking after me and my 2 boys as I am a single parent. I am finding the pain quite bad currently taking 2x 30mg codine and paracetamol and ibuprofen I just started lactulose as I have not yet had a BM and terrified about the pain this may cause I am prone to constipation pre op. Any advice on how to survive the next few weeks gratefully received xx

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Still not had a BM yet I can feel things moving in that direction but no actual sensation yet. I have had a look and it’s black from bruising down their still takes a while for wee to get going. 

Getting stomach cramps tho so must be starting just hope it’s not too painful xx

• Posted

hi everyone update I have had 2 BM lol and thankfully they were not painful, I found the tummy cramps hurt more. 

I guess now my issue is that after for so long trying to have BM with a rectoceale I am worried I am going to do damage trying to go. When I had the rectoceale I had to do certain movements to get it out so weird to change style sorry for the description. 

• Posted

Great you have managed to go. I agree it feels almost weird sitting naturally after having trouble for so long ! Just don’t push on your pelvic floor ever! Google correct sitting position it really helps x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.