Post anterior/posterise repair period?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am 4 days post op

And I have finally passed bowels but I keep

Getting the worst cramps all over my stomach and also

Low down that feels very much like period pains and also bleeding more just like the afterwards part of childbirth smell/texture etc sorry to be graphic is this normal? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had this same problem when I was 4 days post op. My temp was also up and I didn’t feel great. I went back in for a check up and I had a hematoma and infection.

Not trying to worry you but it might be worth getting checked over x 

• Posted

You are not taking enough pain relief. This early in you should be taking it regularly and not waiting till you're in pain to take it. What were you given for pain?

• Posted

Hi I was just give codine 30mg x2 every 4-6 hours and usual paracetamol and ibuprofen. I have tried not too take too much codine for fear of constipation.

I had a look today and all outside is black with bruising and I look like I have been cut up perineal which I didn’t think they did I thought it was internal? 

• Posted

Jennifer some of your pain may be due to full bowel and you need to pass more  but increased bleeding could suggest a haemotoma or possibly infection with the pain too. Get checked out it’s important not to ignore symptoms for your overall recovery. Let us know how you get on. Good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer. You should take your temperature, if it's high you probably have some infection, maybe where the stitches are which does happen sometimes. Or possibly a bladder infection. At this early stage you need to see your Doctor and get checked out. Taking the pain meds regularly helps but codeine does constipate and this should be avoided. Use the paracetamol every 4-6 hours and the ibuprofen as recommended by Doctors. Best wishes, Poll X rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Pol I did go GP and had a check said looks ok he wasn’t very sympathetic and just said what did I expect lol. Give me some standby antibiotics and more codine.

Today I sneezed by surprise and it was the strangest feeling felt everything push down and go back up again that never happens pre operation scared me a bit. 

Thanks for reply xx

• Posted

It's probably the healing process just going on. The prolapse is stitched back inside now so be careful what you do for a few weeks/months at least until your fully healed. Coughing and sneezing to be avoided when possible but if you do need to, clench your vag muscles as in pelvic floor exercises. Ask a medical person, either at your hopital clinic or ward when you can start doing the kegels or pelvic floor exercises. Opinions seem to differ on this. If you are really worried, call your hospital, gynae ward where you had the surgery and ask them for advice especially if you have a high temp. Good luck, Poll X confused

• Posted

Hi Jennifer I’m sorry your GP was not very empathic!  sue Croft suggests when possible if sneezing or cough ting support the pelvic floor by placing a hand there. Not easy in public but I must confess it’s much more comfy!

Be kind to yourself and take it as easy as you can 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.