Post gallbladder removed, shoulder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 5 an 1/2 months post op GB removed and nothing but problems, I have chronic diarrhea, bloating, upper right side abdominal mass,cramping etc, but my question is why am I still getting this agonizing right sided shoulder pain? Does anyone still get the shoulder pain?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky54816, Im so sorry your still suffering and wish I could help give you advice but I do not believe after 5 months you should still be like that so what has your Dr said?  My Hospital consultant REFUSED to accept that my left and right hand should pain was GB so I don't know maybe its not if you have had yours out????

I can tell you one evening I was sit after dinner and this pain came in my left shoulder and then slowly moved as if alive, across my chest to the right shoulder and then poof, it went away.  Normally this pain sits in my left shoulder when having a GB attack, its really like mega heart burn.  So I do believe I understand what you have but I do not know what they really think this is!!!!

Are you still eating fatty foods because in my trials to alleviate this pain, I found that Milk or Dairy was an issue, even though you have had the GB out I might consider trying to change your diet, at the moment I have cut out Dairy and it has helped?   This is one pain that has gone away, I still have a dull ache in right side but then I have not had my GB out.  Hope this may inspire to try eating differently especially now the weather is hot.  Key foods which cripple me is Tomato soup, Bacon, Cheese, Milk (even semi skimmed).

Report Reply
  • Posted

I have been suffering with diarrhea, bloating, cramping, and sometimes pain on both sides in my abdominal area. Plus I been bothered with swelling in my feet. I have lost about twenty pounds, and sometimes I even throw up. My surgery took place in December of 2016 and I haven't been right since. The Dr just keep giving me different meds. The only thing left for me to do is Pray because the earthly Dr. Don't know what to do.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up