Post haemarroid removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

I’ve got my external haemarroids removed 8 days ago. I have opened my bowels twice, however this is what my anus looks like now, it looks like there are new haemarroids ? In fact it looks way worse than before the surgery.  Not too painful but bleeds when I have a bowel movement. 

Follow up was yesterday with a nurse, that said the surgeon is in surgery so I’ll see him in 2 weeks when swelling goes down. 

Someone please reassure me! 

Tried to upload photos but I can’t, basically there are 2 2cm little balloons, one looks like filled with puss

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If one looks like it’s filled with pus, I wouldn’t wait 2 weeks—i’d go somewhere NOW.  If the nurse looked at it and didn’t see need to have you seen right away, did she offer any advice or consolation at all?
    • Posted

She just said it’s not red or hot so doesn’t look infected. It’s like a rubber ball when I touch it and yellow in colour with a small wound next to it where the haemarroid was removed. I don’t know whether it’s another haemarroid ? It’s not painful. 

Thanks for the reply 

• Posted

Ok, I’m not a medical person. But: I asked dr. Google who said its part of the healing process.  These little pus/fluid filled sacs can hang on for awhile and can leak.  Try sitz baths (which I assume you are doing anyway. They are not infections, they do go away eventually; they show up at the surgical site.  

• Posted

I would advise you (once getting checked out by a Dr) to get a toilet stool to put your feet up on while going to the loo. It puts you in a more natural position and can help prevent straining/ piles/ fissures. You can buy fairly cheaply on internet. I’ve been using one for the last 7 months and have found it to be a complete cure. I even have a folding portable one that I keep in the back of the car and take on holiday. I can’t recommend them highly enough. It’s been a real life changer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.