Post here what helps your Anxiety/Stress levels so we can all learn :)

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm hoping to make a post where everyone can post techniques / strategy / lifestyle changes/ supplements that has improved your stress/anxiety levels.

Me personally ...

I used to suffer from a lot of physical anxiety

-Chest pain

-Heart palpitations / Fluttering

-Loss of breath

-Numbness and tingling

I handled these symptoms with

-Eating healthy! No junk/Processed foods as these cause anxiety

-Cutting out stimulants that affect your nervous system / anxiety (Weed/Any type of caffein / energy drink / Pre workout / Sugar sad

-Daily meditation

-Progressive muscle relaxation

-Magnesium

- Stress B Complex

-Multivitamin

-Fish oil

-Rescue remedy for panic attacks

-Exercise is the best if you can do it.. My anxiety is so bad that I can't.

But now recently my anxiety has shifted to these symptoms

-Racing heart

-Head tension

-Muscle tension in my face,forhead,shoulders,legs

-Brain fog 24/7

-Lightheadedness 24/7

-Derealization 24/7

-Numbness like I'm detached from my body 24/7

-Ringing ears 24/7

-Sensitivity to sound and light 24/7

I feel most of it is due to not properly handing my anxiety for the past 8 months and all that stress has built up to severe muscle tension in my body. My shoulders / face is always constantly tensed up severely. No matter what I do it will not release.. Same with my legs. I feel it is caused mentally.. As for those 8 months I always feared something was wrong (Don't google your symptoms!) I feared something was wrong with my heart.. Or if I had an STD or brain damage.. And that added to the fear and anxiety.. After 2 ER visits and seeing 2 doctors and many tests.. It's just anxiety and muscle tension... I have no STD / brain damage.. Heart issues. So I was worrying for nothing...

I'm just trying to figure out how to remove all this muscle tension from my body.. I really do believe it is the reason my anxiety and stress levels is so high now due to my body is always tense and on edge... And the tension is causing the migraines / head pressure / brain fog / Lightheadedness / ect

I'm considering acupuncture but I'm scared I'll have a panic attack during the hour long session lol.

What has helped you all with anxiety / stress / muscle tension? I'm trying to avoid medication. I was thinking about a natural muscle relaxer at the most...

4 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im nit going to list symotoms they change and there are too many. But helpful stuff..Acceptance. Acceot you have an anxiety disorder. Stop looking for rare diseases, after all the exams realize and accept what needs to be done. Even with ailments people have anxiety disorders so disease seeking is a huge waste of time and not a cure. Realize theres no magic fix or cures. You need to change your thoughts and behaviors, not changing one of these is no change. Learn what anxiety/panic disorder is and the science behind it. Understanding whats happening in your body is helpful and important. You are not imagining discomfort its from the chemicals that fire off  from the fight of flight mode. Learn breathing techniques, belly breathing you get deeper breathes and its more calming for the body. Learn cbt its the basic foundation of working with an anxious mind. If you feel lonely go to therapy along with cbt. Be patient with yourself and the world around you. Everyone's dealing with their own demon s and issues at different degrees or levels. Learn to love yourself as is, accept this and live yourself anyway. Learn everything is not in your control. Be grateful daily and work on forgiveness for anyone you felt betrayed you, hurt you, inflicted pain on you thats for you not them. Know happy, healthy  people do not hurt other people so if you were hurt by someone they werent happy or in a good place themselves. There own misery is vengence enough. Stop feeling it is someone elses job to heal you or fix you, this one is on you. Know its okay to cry. Its okay to feel vulnerable but most imperitive to love yourself either way. Move towards things that make you laugh or involve  nature. Eat well balanced, keep hydrated and use suppliments if needed. Fight or flight is tiring in the body and it needs all the nutrition it can get from you. Find what self calming techniques resonate with you. There are so many out there. This is a personal internal battle and journey so dont expect others to be able to relate all the time. People have never experienced a panic attack cant relate to you. Try and live in the moment and not in regrets or what ifs of tomorrow. You cant control either or change either so it gets frustrating. Know there are ups and wons amd when you are in the throws of it know it will pass, it always does. Lastly pray someone out there does figure this all out and a way to reset the fear response (thought id throw that in there haha) massage, acupuncture, reiki, yoga, cbt, act, edmr, eft,  tce, qigong, meds, so many options.
  • Posted

You're not on any meds? I use to go to a natural psychiatrist, but she also prescribed drugs. She told me L- theanine at 200mg helps with anxiety. What kind of magnesium do you take? I have to be careful because of my psych meds. I don't want them to interact. I've been through that already. It's not pretty. That's why I've been home bound the last year. I took a supplement with herbs in it and my medication Paxil, hasn't worked since. I've been on it 15 years and its horrible to get off.
    • Posted

I tried Paxil but my body rejected it so I've been scared to take it... It made my body burn up for a whole week. I used to take l theanine it didn't work.

I used nature way 400mg liquid gel capsules it's great .. It helps a lot with palpitations / chest pain / relaxation. I think it's one of the only supplements that work for anxiety on top of stress b complex.

• Posted

I suffer with Anxiety/Panic attacks too and have tried so many different things and wasted so much money along the way too!!! But I think the best thing I have found so far is REIKI. It certainly doesnt cure anything but is helpful and in Ireland, sessions range in price from €25-€50 so not to dear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.