Post LINX recovery time?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I learned about the LINX procedure about two years ago. I am now considering having this done as my reflux has worsened + I have Barretts Oesophagus. My reflux does not respond to any of the PPI's, I have tried them all. I am in pain and discomfort 24 hours a day. Can anyone tell me how soon can you return to work after the LINX has been put in place? My manager is not very tolerant of sick time, I would take annual leave to have this done.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sheila

what are your symptoms?

• Posted

Hi Pamela

Symptoms are the same as everyone else with severe, uncontrolled reflux, burning oesophagus, sore throat, lump in throat, nausea, sore ears, pain in back and chest, unable to lay flat to sleep. All this has been since the gastroscopy. I am absolutely dreading the next one. It has all had such an impact on my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.