Post Menopausal and Symptoms back with a vegeance

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all I am new here and am so glad to find this forum it brings me some comfort to read that I am not alone. I am 60 years old and have been post menopausal for 9 years now. I had the perimenopause from hell and thought that once I became post menopausal it would end ...unfortunately it didn't. I have done well over these last years with only occasional bouts of anxiety and of course hot flushes and gastro intestinal issues. I just turned sixty in July and these last few weeks my menopause symptoms have come back with a vengeance the anxiety is ruthless I feel like I must have every dreaded disease going which is ridiculous I know in my heart I am extemely healthy. The hot flushes are to the extreme and the shakiness and ringing in my ears is on and off. I feel like my face is on fire at times with the flushes. I am also experiencing muscle spasms in my back I guess due to the anxiety.  I am trying to console myself with the fact that maybe this is the last big bang before everything settles down for good but have read that some women experience some of these symptoms well into their mid sixties or longer. I don't want to go back onto anxiety meds so I am looking for any suggestions on what to take that is natural for not only the anxiety but also the extreme flushes. I can deal with the inside shakiness that is only fleeting and few and far between but this anxiety and flushes has to go I can't believe I am dealing with all this once again. Any input would be much appreciated

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so sorry you are suffering with this. Do your flushes have sweating?
    • Posted

Hi DearDoe sometimes I have severe sweating but other times no I just get so hot that I feel nauseous and need to go and throw cold water on myself to help with it.. Sometimes they are long lasting and one right after the other ...it's so uncomfortable

• Posted

I agree with didi

Bit b12 and vit d also magnesium.

Mine was all horrendous and I couldn't deal with it anymore at 3 years post resorted to HRT and most things have gone now.

Still having some sleep issues but that's all really.

I had most of the 66 symptoms. The only things I didn't havenux any issues with were periods,they got lighter and came and went a bit and then stopped.

I didn't have hot flushes just got hot and stayed hot 24/7.

• Posted

I am having sleep issues at the moment waking up every two hours throughout the night and have to have a fan blowing in the bedroom all night even on cool nights ..poor hubby freezes some nights but if I can't feel that fan blowing on my legs I won't get any sleep at all. I get some severe flushes but for the most part I am overheated 24/7 as well. Going to try the vit d and b12 I have started on the mag any ideas on how much per day of the magnesium and like you I have experience most the 66 symptoms so far :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.