Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 61  didn’t have a period for 4 years.  Started bleeding about 2 years ago  went to the gynie had a biopsy and vaginal ultra sound.  All came back fine.   Have been having monthly bleeding ever since.  Just like a period sore breast’s mood swings cramps the whole nine yards  kept track and it was every 28 to 30 days.  It is very light could have used  one pad thru this whole thing.    I never went back to the dr.  Now having light bleeding [very light) for 5 days  after I already had the monthly episode.  I am very scared to go see the dr now   Anyone go thru this

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am now, but I am on HRT and using estrace vaginal cream. I believe the cream is the cause of my spotting and bleeding. I go tomorrow to see p. provider. I have not had a period for seven years till now.
  • Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this.  You need to see your doctor, whether you are scared or not! Most things can be sorted if caught in time. I'm not going to speculate on what it could be--you need to find out what's going on--fast.  

Please take heart, my Dear!  You're in my thoughts and prayers. xx

• Posted

Debbie,

Lynda is right honey. Please go to the doctor very soon. I know it is scary. Believe me, I am right there with you. I have 3 brothers that have had cancer. I know my chances are not good. But, they will be better if it is caught early. I am starting my doctor journey tomorrow. Please start yours.

• Posted

Melinda,

Sorry you are going through this.  I am, too.  Halfway through chemo and after that to have surgery and radiation. It's very scary, but the only way out is through. xx

You are also in my thoughts and prayers.  Lynda

• Posted

It sounds like you may need a D & C, to scrap the walls. Nothing major, and completely normal. I've had this done as well when I bled for over 14 days. My doctor said if you bleed for more than 10 days then come in, which I did, she performed a D & C, and that stopped the bleeding. Erratic bleeding is expected while your hormones are tapering off, of course, if you're bleeding for more than 10 days I'd be concerned, for which I've had light bleeds for 5 days, and didn't worry they went away, but since you're so worried just get checked. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.