Post menopausal merina coil fitted.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can I ask if anyone has had a merina coil fitted in the last few weeks or months.

I had an endometrial polyp removed by General anaesthetic and the merina coil fitted at the same time.

I have had some bleeding just spotting but have been told that, that is quite normal.

I feel a wee bit different I would say having to Lee more since it was fitted but maybe not,

if anyone could tell me how they have been feeling it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks Heather

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather, I have mirena fitted years ago and yes I remember having some spotting after a while till it settled. I don't remember going to wee more often than usual since I go to wee very often anyway. Perhaps your symptoms are also related to the removal of the polyp too. Hope all settles soon.

• Posted

hi hun yes I had mirena coils and they all gave me spotting til they settled.

i just had a hysteroscopy and polypectomy last week under GA like you but no mirena coil fitted this time. I just have very light watery bleed now so hopefully that'll settle too.

I always wee alot so cant comment on mirena vs this issue but as always if concerned just see your doc/consultant although sounds normal to me.

take care hun x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.