Post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I had my operation on the 24/7/2018. Was kept in 2 days left Wednesday. Must admit I’m glad I did my research on the gallbladder post surgery and prior. My stones were pretty big and this caused a few complications so much stomach has been through a bit. 

I also had a bag attached to empty from the site after surgery. I was given paracetamol and codine but this did not take the pain off. I’m on Tramadol now which is making a big difference. Not too bad on the gas front got some activated charcoal I would recommend for this, another lady told me about this. 

If you want excellent advice follow a lady on YouTube called Natalie life! I chat with her on there, she gives sound advice and is a lovely person. 

I would recommend a triangle cushion in bed it’s excellent for supporting you with lining down and getting up. Which can be very difficult just moving about. We use our stomach muscles for everything if you think about it 🤔 I’m resting taking it easy and moving about. I’m eating light meals soft foods, rice 🍚 pudding mash potato and jelly. Only thing that disappointed me at the hospital was lack of diet post surgery. But if you go on YouTube there is lots of sound advice. I’ve lost 4 stone in weight since this started and I intend looking after myself. I’ve also signed up to Rosemary Conley diet life plan she’s excellent. This lady was taken into hospital on an emergency gallbladder removal when she was 40 she’s 71 looks like 40 now. Worth a look! Brilliant lady. 

I truly hope everyone makes a good recovery will keep you posted much love to fellow gallbladder patients. Hang in there you will get better positive mind helps not easy I know. Much love 💖 Jo x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thankyou Joanne, that is really useful information.  Hopefully my GB will be removed shortly and will look up your recommendations.lol
    • Posted

Hi Thomas, your very welcome! I hope the operation is soon for you. Make sure that you follow the low fat carbs diet for the liver they give you prior to surgery. This will help to make the liver softer and easier to work around. Avoid any complications. I started to clean my own dressings today. I’m resting and moving slowly around that is the key to expelling the gas they put into the abdomen to do the op and the activated charcoal is a must. Drink plenty of water juice to flush the system. Above all rest and be kind to yourself in the meantime. X
  • Posted

My hida scan results were 89%
    • Posted

Hi Jennie, I truly hope all goes well for yourself too. Sorry that be ignorant what was the type of scan you mentioned! Kind regards Joanne 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.