Post op A and P prolapse 8wks

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all.An update for you all as I for one am glad to hear what difficulties there are and progress at various weeks.After infection and antibiotics at 3 wks I was still worried everything wasn't healing quickly enough compared to others who are back at work. I have been told there is no follow up for me after this op even though many of you have.I even have in writing on discharge letter. I had a doctor telephone me this week to discuss my concerns.Still unable to sit longer than 10 mins without uncomfortable feeling. Nothing helps except lying on my side.The doctor said A and P is a big op.They expect at least 12wks for the healing to get on the way.To not drive far at all.Still take everything easy.No heavy lifting I also could see a bulge and had dragging feeling if stood or walking with loose trousers on.She booked me to see a doctor to just take a look and check and apparently everything is fine.More layers yet to heal as several been cut and these make you feel rough when sitting.Panic over but still get really frustrated when have to lie down instead of sitting .I am 50.Gd luck to everyone else struggling. Love Jill

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I really wish I'd taken phone numbers of other two women who were having same op as me on same day so I could compare feelings with them. I am kind of relieved to hear you have same discomfort as me. I am 5 weeks on now, I too have lots of discomfort/pain as if there is a weight trying to come down. The most comfortable position for me is sitting on a dining chair upright.

Positives are I haven't had cystitis since op, haven't leaked wee either. Bowel movements are different ,one big poo instead of lots through day.

I haven't driven yet or had sex, I try not to lift anything. Can't walk without a lot of pain , but I'm sick of sitting around so will ignore it and go for it this week.

• Posted

Thank you for the reassurance that everything is normal. I am nearly 10 weeks post op, posterior repair with mesh & TVT. And the constant aches & pains are really getting me down too. I'm back at work with lots of sitting down so i bought a foam ring cushion to help. But after 3 hours today I had to come home to lie down 😢 I'm still hoping to feel better at the 3 month point...and like you both said, it could be worse!! Keep smiling ladies x
  • Posted

It takes a long time for things to heal and get to our "new normal". I am 5 1/2 weeks post-op for A repair (had P repair 30 years ago). I am 55 and feel your frustration. Laying all the way back in my husband's recliner is the most comfortable place to be. I drove to Myrtle beach last week, should have been 2 1/2 hours, but traffic was terrible and the drive ended up 4 hours or so. Had terrible shooting pains inside during the last hour of the drive. The drive back was what it should have been...no problems. 

I also still have a bulge...doctor said I have some residual drop in my bladder...am hoping it's mostly swelling. 

I ordered an under garment for support from Lynn when I was really having a lot of pain. It definitely helped and was pretty comfortable. I wore it all the time during the 3rd & 4th week post-op. Not wearing it much now as I don't feel like I'm falling out anymore.

So frustrating not being able to lift or bend....hoping someday soon this will just be a distant memory!

Hope you start feeling better soon!

• Posted

Thank you, I'm sorry for your discomfort, but relieved to hear I'm not alone in feeling like this and it must be part of the healing process.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up