Post op appointment

Posted , 9 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Went for my post op appointment today to be told my consultant wasn't there and my appointment had been cancelled, so why wasn't I informed of this. Not only have I spent the last 16 weeks in horrendous pain it seems no one even gives a damn. I left in tears after telling them I would be making a formal complaint.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

That's absolutely disgraceful jan and I would complain as well. Are you still in pain?
    • Posted

Matron the pain has only eased because of the gabapentin, as soon as it wears off the pain is every bit as bad. I don't even know if this is just normal post op pain and will stop eventually of its own accord.
    • Posted

Which is why you need to see your consultant. 16 weeks is really too long to wait for a post op appointment anyway. I only hope you don't have to wait too long for the appointment to be rearranged.
    • Posted

I'm going to see if the complaints team can get this sorted the consultant secretary is a nasty piece of work, each time I have contacted her to ask to see consultant she simply tells me to go to a and e if I'm in pain. Which I did and a Dr fresh out of nappies told me to just take stronger pain killers , I just don't know wot on earth to do. X
    • Posted

Put your complaint in writing and put everything in the letter even what the consultant's secretary said because she's not medically qualified and shouldn't be telling you to go to an already overworked A&E when you should be seen by a gynaecologist. If you just make a telephone call to complain it won't be taken as seriously and there's no evidence.
    • Posted

Tried to respond to your answer but can't as it seems you have blocked me.Was just after your advice and wisdom
  • Posted

That is so unacceptable !! I know you were so looking forward to that visit!! I'm 16 weeks as well and I've seen my doctor 3 times since the surgery and the therapist 12 weeks after. I empathize with you!! Hope something can be done soon and you can see someone. Where is the pain at that you are experiencing? Be very persistent, so you will get some answers about your pain. Praying!!
    • Posted

Hi Diann I was hoping to at least be reassured that all had healed well despite still having the pain, I thought at first it was my bladder but it seems to be coming from deep inside almost I would say at the top of vagina if that makes sense. It's a sickening pain. X
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this Jan05416. It is wrong. I know a few people that have had similar problems lately. In fact, 18 months ago, I went in hospital expecting to be induced with my son, which I had obviously worked myself up for, to receive a call 5 mins before my appointment, as we were parking, asking if I had left yet as they had had to cancel! I was distraught..but they kept me in and I was induced the next day. It seems that in some hospitals there is a breakdown in communication. I would definitely complain.xx
  • Posted

Oh that's terrible !!! You must definitely complain or otherwise they never know there is an issue. Also you shouldn't be left with that pain 16 weeks on - and what an appalling way for the secretary to treat you !! I have a friend who is a GP and I can remember a similar story where she had a patient come in to ask her to ring the secretary of the consultant and she did and amazingly the secretary was a lot nicer to her !!! Maybe worth a try if you have an understanding GP !? X
    • Posted

I'm going to call gp this morning bunky I'm so fed up with how I've been treated, I don't have the energy to keep battling this. It's all too much on top of trying to recover. X
    • Posted

Oh I can imagine Jan - it simply isn't fair that you should have to be. Let us know how you get on. I hope the GP can help xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up