Post op bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have just found this site after trying to find some information about post op bleeing. I had a TLH & BSO on January 27th. I had very slight spotting for 2 days after surgery, then nothing until today (day 12) its only very light but I just wondered if its normal? Has anyone else had the same ?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Raggydoll. I'm 10 weeks post TAH and like you the bleeding seemed to stop after a week and I thought that was it, then a few days later it started again particularly when I woke up in the morning. My GP thought it could be due to 'pooling' over night and then coming out once up, due to gravity. I was a bit alarmed but was reassured. I have continued to spot, pink or brownish in colour, until about 3 days ago. I wondered if it would ever stop! Had swabs to check all was ok at my 8 week check and it was. Think golden rule is that if the bleeding isn't heavy and looking like fresh blood it's all part of the normal healing process. If you are worried see your GP. Hope sharing my experience has helped assure you that you are not alone. To be honest the after effects of this op go on much longer than people realise. Good luck with your recovery.
    • Posted

Thank you Sally, your reply is helpful. It does look like fresh blood and so far, its not heavy so by the sounds of things its all normal.
  • Posted

Am post op too - small spots day after op but that's all. this is day 13 and iv had no bleeding at all. Following this discussion too .
  • Posted

Yep ..4 weeks for me and the tiniest. Spot I get know all normal..the more you move about the more you will get ..the less you do the less you bleed ..all normal unless you get a abnormal. Amounts of blood you weren't. Having before its all normal x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.