Post op Day 25 Still healing

Posted , 1 user is following.

Anyone still have pain like on a scale 1 to 10 about a 7 without meds post op surgery? Its been 24 days now and still hurts like jell to have a bm.

Went for follow up. Did not give me much hope or insite on how much longer before the pain goes away..

Need to go back to work but to sore to as my job is very physical. Thought i was getting better then the pain comes after each bm every day and last for hours on end.. Am I the only one who feels this way?

2 nd week after surgery i now have two hemorrhoids and two skin tags as well.. Using cream hospital gave me at my 3rd week. Stool is always soft. But very narrow with blood.

Is this normal? Maybe i should go of the stool softener? Any suggestions will be helpful thx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m 9 weeks post op. Yes for me the worst pain was for hours after. It felt like I’d been kicked in my tail bone by a horse and also had muscle spasms. This stopped for me around 4 weeks. I still know bm’s don’t feel normal yet, but no pain after. Just started to see some bleeding though. I’ll be so upset if piles have come back already. No way I’m going through that op again! You can ask your doc for some diazepam or Valium which will stop the painful muscle spasms after bm’s. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

TY. Teresa.

I sure hope im on the mend.. I do take the odd perk but i hate taking any drug if i can avoid it .

I put up with the pain most times but have to give in.. I was really hoping to go back to work but these bm come at least twice a day m don't want to be at work dealing with this. Glad to hear you are pretty much pain free now

I can only pray this will end soon for me as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.