post op gallbladder removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had stones in my bile.duck which they done a ercp procedure to release the stones but i took pancatitis threw this its now been 2 months since i have had ma gall bladder removed but am still having back pains as if its an attack again am back at my work nd can only do 3 hours as i get cronic back pain feel dizzy and cry with the pain am in please.can someone tell me why this is  got the surgens in january x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy, like you op 2 months ago, and have the same symptoms. It seems to be quite common so do not worry about it as such.Guess the body is still healing itself, sadly they do not tell you that this could happen. My symptoms when saw surgeon post op were not so bad. But GP says still healing, would love to know how you get on with your follow up.
    • Posted

Hi janet what were your symptoms please my speech slurs when am in server pain as well and thanks for commenting  xx 
    • Posted

Never had an issue with speech, but very tired all the time. Sickness feeling. Back and side pain. Not dizzy as more light headed. Unable to walk far, pain where gallbladder was. And had a few episodes as if had gallstones. But does improvec all be it slow.But so nice to get rid of it. If you are really worried then see your GP. But time is a great healer.
    • Posted

Ma doctor want to sign me.back off ma.work but am.having none of.it lol  a cant even carry a bag on ma right hand side that the pain gets bad again  but trying to be at work  but the pain is so server at work ave got the surgen  on january xx  do you think i will do myself more damage at work i work on a checkout xxx
    • Posted

I would not have gone back to work, too soon. It does not take much to strain your inners, moving somethingbthough does not feel heavy can do damage. Got to give yourselves to heal.
    • Posted

Thanks janet how long.were you off your work for i was in and.out hospital for.2 month as i took pancatitist as well threw ma gallstones and went back to work 6 week after coming out hospital thanks you.have been helpful to me.xx
    • Posted

I am retired which is a blessing, but could not have gone back to work under 2 months but more like 3 or 4 with the way It still is. I must admit it has took me by surprise at how long the recovery Is taking. Which they would give us all the facts then at least we would know what we're facing. Glad ton of helped, always here if you need to chat.
  • Posted

I would talk to your doctor. Speech slurs can be caused by a stroke. I had a friend who had surgery I forget what for but he had a stroke and the nurses and doctors didn't catch it. It was his wife who knew he wasn't right. Not trying to scare you but speech slurs is serious.

I had my op in Nov. Lossing the gall bladder hasn't been been much fun. Sorry you are hurting a lot. Are you on a low fat diet? Check with your doctor about your speech.

The dizziness can becaused by ear infection. Try travel sick pills, check with doctor to make sure it won't miss with your meds. I had an inner infection after I had my daughter. I lived in hell for a year with veritgo attacks. I had attacks for years but attack free for 4 years now on the vertigo. But I keep my pills around never know when it will hit. I have heard others take travel sick pills for nausea on here.

Take care. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks lori ma speech slurs and dizzyness only happens when am in severe pain  when i work the right side of ma body where the gallbladder was ma doctor wants me to take more time off work am beginning to agree with him as i may be doing more harm xx
    • Posted

Glad you saw you're doctor. Trust me I had a set back while ago when I decided to walk to the store by myself. I was in such bad pain again the meds didn't help and I was crying. Take it easy. I know its hard and we get bored resting but its better then that bad pain and making things worse. Keep in tough.
  • Posted

Try to not eat fatty foods and junk food and see if that helps to stop the frequency 

of the pain attacks. Also, when you feel like you might have a pain attack, (characterized usually by a hollow feeling in the stomach) try eating quickly some corn bread and washing it down with at least 1 glass of water. I have found that works for me.

• Posted

I said corn bread, what I mean is whole wheat bread.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.