Post op info?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi

I m having my op (TAH) sometime Friday afternoon ( will know where I am on the list when I get to hospital at 1pm) just curious to know how long I'll be drowsy for once I m back on the ward? Will I be wide awake or sleepy all night? Wondering if it'll be a waste of my hubby's time coming to see me if I m unconscious?

Any comments would be appreciated

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi.  I am in for 7.30am wed morning. I am hoping that I will be fine by teatime 

what a stressful time x

• Posted

Hi poppy

Good luck with your op, I bet you're getting nervous now, just tomorrow to go then the day will be here

Keep us posted how you're doing, I ll be thinkin of you x

• Posted

Hi Clair

Difficult one to answer because everyone reacts differently.  I always come round full of energy and demanding food!frown  Perhaps your husband could ring up and check with the ward staff, but I am sure you will love a visit even if just for a little while.  I have told Hubby not to visit because my Shih Tzu Rosie, will be extremely upset that I am not there, also he is really to ill to turn out at night but I expect he will appear!  lol

I am going down Friday morning, hope I am first, I have no patience waiting, the nerves kick in and I go to jelly.  rolleyes

Best of luck for Friday afternoon, let me know how you get on and I will see you on the 'other side' as they say, we can swop stories, all good I hope.lol

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Awwww jacqui

Thanks for your support, I will post on here as soon as I feel up to it, I m sure I will have the time!

Good luck with yours too, this site ain't half helped me x

• Posted

Me too, don't know what I would have done without the help and support of everyone.  Many thanks for your good wishes - well we are on our way to count down!  Here's to a healthy and happy recovery.lol

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

I was on straight after. Didn't really hit me until day after but slept ok. Everyone's dimfferent I'm now nearly 3 weeks post op getting there slowly.

Good luck

Donna x

• Posted

Thank you Donna, hope you're feeling better and stronger everyday x
    • Posted

Sorry should use spell check before posting. Just finding it difficult not doing anything!! 😁

Donna x

• Posted

That's exactly what I m dreading! I ve been very irritable today and told my hubby I ll be up and about in 2 wks doing housework! I know I won't but I get SO bored, I never sit still for more than half hour. I m going to be at my wits end x
  • Posted

Hi

I had a vaginal hysterectomy and after a very long wait, I had to be at the hospital for 10.30, I went to theatre about 4pm. I remember being wheeled back to the ward about 6.30. I was glad to see my husband and I thought I was ok but he said I kept drifting off. Obviously everyone reacts differently to anaesthetic but I'm sure you'll be glad to see a familiar face. Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for your comments, think I ll ask him to come to see me then after making me realise I'll be grateful to see a friendly face! Thanks for that, can't wait for it to be over x
    • Posted

Good luck with your ops lady's. It's nice to have a vist someone you can talk to when you come back even if it's just for an hour that's what my hubby ans daughter did I went down at 1.30 came back at 5.45 it took over 3 hours then an hour in recovery. Just make sure lady's you don't over do anything it will put you back. I could not even pull the toilet chain lol. Iam 17 weeks post op and still very sore. Tc all xx
    • Posted

17 wks post op and still sore? Oh god I m dreading this.... My manager said I should be back at work as soon as I can drive which is 6 weeks! I was mortified when she said that! Thanks for your support, let's hope everyone's goes well this week x
    • Posted

Well I had it done with bikini cut maybe that's why. How you having yours? I could not drive for 8 weeks. Yes still very sore I've only just gone back on 2nd March it's my 4th week back I only work 5 hours a day over 3 days and my tummy hurts after standing after 2 hours but I will not give up. If you have a sit down job maybe you would be ok. But I had my oviers taken as well so it was on big shock. What you having taken away ? Xx
    • Posted

I was the same as you thinking I will be back work in 6 weeks 8 weeks a the most but I was so wrong. Iam 40 years old and very active person. I didn't go back work untill 15 weeks. Didn't hoover or ironing or house work for 10 weeks or more. Xx
    • Posted

I m having the same as you sam! Bikini cut and taking ovaries too. Not looking forward to it at all x
    • Posted

Me too.  Dreading the hrt. Can't believe I only have one day left.  Better keep myself busy tomorrow x
    • Posted

Good luck poppy will be thinking if you, keep in touch x
    • Posted

Well don't worry I didn't to be fair just think how better you are going to feel after. I think it's because I didn't have long to wait it all happend so fast. Make sure you go out ans gave a nice meal before your op xx
    • Posted

Good luck poppy. I did try hrt but I didn't get on with it. I just take herble tablets and happy pills 😉 and since I've felt alot better. Good luck ans if you need any advice you no we are all here you each other xx
    • Posted

Hi Lee

Wishing you good luck for tomorrow, and wishing you a trouble free recovery.  Don't worry about HRT, I was on it for 10 years it was wonderful, very sad when I had to come off of it (apart from going straight into a very bad menopause!).  sad

We will have had Rosie for 1 year tomorrow, she was my April Fool present last year. razz She came from a Puppy Farm, who threw her out after the last litter of pups she had were not up to scratch! cry She could not even walk when she was put in my arms (due to having been kept in a cage), I gently built her muscle tone up in her legs and now she is fighting fit.  Anyway what I am trying to say (instead of rambling on!) is that it is a very good omen for tomorrow.  Let me know how you get on.

Love 

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

Thats me just in from work and having a coffee 

got nervy belly today. 

Oh I love your story about Rosie. What a lovely outcome. People should be taken to task about these puppy farms,  make me sick. 

I will get in touch as soon as I am able. So wish I was having this done vaginally. My daughter yesterday asked me is I was going to be ok after my vasectomy so tonight i am going to try and grow a penis for the op ha ha

you take care too.  Not long till Friday x

• Posted

Hi Lee

Gosh you have worked right up until the last minute!  I bet it was hard concentrating at work, still sometimes it is better to be busy.  

I love the way Rosie has changed into such a well adjusted doggie.  We got her off the internet, which I really do not really approve of, but the rescue centres will not let anyone in our situation rescue a dog, which I did challenge but got nowhere!  Because we live in a Retirement Centre with manicured gardens and no fencing we are not allowed a dog as they say 'there is nowhere for it to go to the toilet', I pointed out that we back onto Sandringham Estate with acres and acres of walks (the Queen lets the public roam freely on most of it!)  but to no avail!  Now they have imposed a rule that no one over 60 can adopt a dog!  Are these people crazy!  

Oh Lee I could not stop laughing, can you imagine the surgeon and the team when they come to do the op and there in all it's glory is a 'penis!'. redface

Try and get a good night's sleep if possible, so you are well rested for tomorrow.  I will be thinking about you.  Take care.

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.