Post Op Pain - did anyone else experience this?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,  i had my surgery last Friday so I'm now Day 5 post op. I had hardly any pain on day 1 then on days 2 and 3,  I had really intense pain under right breast going through to the side (presumably where the gallbladder used to be) It eased off a bit yesterday so i expected that today the pain would be just that little bit less.... however it's gone even worse today.  (I don't have fever, sickness or anything like that).  i just wanted to ask whether other people got this intense pain (ie. is that what we're to expect after this op)?.  If so. how long did it take to get better and did anyone else experience it getting suddenly worse.  I'm really starting to panic that this pain is not right and I'm going to end up in a worse situation than I was before.  I'd be interested to hear what your pain was like post-op as the info they give you on the 'discharge sheet' is so vague, ie. it just says 'it's normal to experience some abdominal pain'.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm now 12 days post op and still experiencing really bad discomfort below right breast, in the area where the gallbladder was.  I would have thought that this should have got better by now and I'm really starting to panic that something is wrong and this is not going to get better. (It's like a tugging/pulling sort of feeling and I've continually got my hand on that area because it's so uncomfortable). I'd be really interested to know whether other people have experienced this and if so, how long before it gets any better.

• Posted

Today is day 10 since my surgery. I'm having the exact pain you are Carol38455. Not sure if it's normal. I've tried to talk to someone at my doctors office but, noone is returning calls. I go back to see him on Tuesday. So, hopefully I'll know more then. 

• Posted

Hi jackie, Thanks for your reply which I'venly just seen.  Are you doing any better now?  I'd be interested to know what the doctor said to you.  I saw a

gp this morning and he said he was going to refer me back to the surgeon - no doubt that will take weeks and weeks though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.