Post op posterial pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im now in 9th week post op posterial prolapse surgery and as yet haven't had any relief from discomfort and pain when sitting on anything actually feels like op hasn't worked but had check up and doc said all is well but it doesn't feel that way.  Tried all sorts of pain relief and other than drugging myself out nothing seems to work does anybody have any advice or has same problem.  I don't like taking pills all the time so am very frustrated .

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am at almost 12 wks and still have a little pain when sitting. I've used an inflatable ring to sit on and that has really helped. If I lift anything over about 10 lbs I find that I'm sore for a day or so after and need to lie down for awhile. It has really taken longer than I thought it would to feel better! Hang in there and just listen to your body. Lie down if it hurts and don't lift anything over 10 lbs! Good luck!
    • Posted

Glad your having relief with the ring I do have one but it doesn't seem to help in fact. It seem to increase the feeling of immense pressure within so nothing seems to help unfortunately.  I'm about to try Matrons suggestion with my mess and hope that helps I'm getting bit desperate.  Do still find it hard bending down and doing general cleaning etc?
  • Posted

Hi.i am 19 wks and am unable to sit flat down squarely.At all . Apparently it is nerve endings/damage which will eventually heal!! That I have . Maybe the same.Have tried 1set of medication which made me drunk. Am now on new one for 3days and today if I lent forward could sit 10 mins. Please ask again at doc. Maybe you have similar. I bought a ring when I was 5 wks post op and am unable to use it. I keep trying though.

Private message me if you like.

Hugs

Jill

• Posted

Hello ann. It is still early days. This is major surgery and I think sometimes we forget. Sometimes it feels as though the operation hasn't worked because of all the healing that takes so long to take place. It was about 12 weeks before I started to feel more comfortable. Are you managing to have your bowels opened regularly? If not that can make you feel uncomfortable. What pain relief are you taking?
    • Posted

Hello matron that time gives me more confidence must admit fells like I'll never be back to normal I've tried  tramadol, panadene forte, osteo pan adol, neurofen and diclofenac all with no real success so just don't know how to handle it.  Thanks for your comments
    • Posted

Sometimes ann it's worth taking paracetamol alongside your other medication (as long as that doesn't contain paracetamol of course). That often gives better pain relief.
    • Posted

Ok I'll try that then how long would it be safe to take anti inflammatories along with paracetamol?  When I had my 6weekly checkup my surgeon said to go back to normal activities and there are no restrictions but reading others comments this advice seems in conflict so I'm bit confused as I've been trying to get back to doing normal household activities but not feeling too good after.  Thanks for your advice
    • Posted

Yes it's ok to take both drugs. My GP prescribes me both for my arthritis and it is more effective.
  • Posted

I remembering posting something similar 9 weeks post op Ann. Was told all would be healed between 4 and 6 weeks,what a load of rubbish,took me months to get over my op and had the same as you. Here's hoping you feel better soon
    • Posted

Oh really as I said to matron it gives me more confidence with that time only I'm finding it hard to cope with everyday life as can't relax even laying Down through the day or sitting so feel I need something that will calm things down for a while so I can feel comfortable.  Hope your all good now you've given me some feeling of hope.  Thanks
    • Posted

Just wondering how you coped with your aches and, or pain as I can't seem To find an answer.  So is how many months does it really take and wonder why surgeon tells you 6 weeks is all it takes I'm 62 maybe the younger ones get over it quicker .
  • Posted

Hi , i had the op 3 weeks ago and i have a dull/ache  pain on left side and it is uncomfortable to lie on this side. I have no problem in sitting its just tender like bruising,Bowels and bladder are all ok but  taking antibiotics since Monday for urine infection.I am 61 and feel so tired  and finding it hard to sit still I want to be on the move! I know its early days for me and everyone is different in healing time but also get frustrated at being inactive.  Does anyone else have pain in left side of tummy? Still on painkillers. Happy i found this site
    • Posted

It is a great site glad I joined it too was little hesitant in sharing my whoes but glad now.  I do have funny dull aches in my tummy too but on both sides at different times my problem is I have a feeling of immense pressure inside and pulsating feeling making sitting really uncomfortable even at 9 weeks post op doc said it is the swelling of the muscle with the stitches in so hope when stitches finally go this feeling will too!  Glad your doing so well.
  • Posted

I am so glad someone else has this problem.With all the different problems that people have It reasures you that these are all part of healing as you automatically think things have gone wrong.

I hope all ladies who have this op find this site and hopefully help put aside some of their fears.  I will no doubt return to the site at some point during my recovery as i am sure i will get some more aches that i will wonder about!

Good luck everyone 

• Posted

Yes I'm so glad I've joined guess none of us really expected so much of a struggle to heal I know I just thought once I had repairs I'd feel back to normal pretty well straight away but that's far from fact.  What makes me annoyed is that I wasn't told anything about the after affects and even at my check up I was told just to get back to normal daily tasks but like you I get very tired and bit down in the dumps from the constant nagging within and even my memory seems affected, oh well guess one day I will be back to normal. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.