Post operation

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve finally had my gallbladder removed after so many trips to hospital and them telling me I was fine and only giving me pain killers, well I have a cut at top of my belly and I’m scared when I wear a bra it’ll run and I had op done 5 days ago how soon would it be ok to wear a bra ? 

And should the wounds be leaking a yellow/clear liquid ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your incisions should be covered in steri strips that you should not remove until you go for a post op checkup. That was how I was. There was some amount of blood or some small amount of liquid under my steri strips but not a lot. I wore a bra fine after. 
    • Posted

I’ve not been told bout post op as my surgery was done in an emergency basis when admitted by a&e I have white medical dressings on I just got discharged. 

• Posted

Hi,

Is your incision just above the navel?  If so, it shouldn't be a problem wearing a bra.  Although, you may want to wear looser clothing for a few weeks until things begin to heal.  No jeans or tight pants.  

As for the incision oozing, that doesn't sound right.  You should call the doctor about that.  It could be nothing, but it's still good to get it checked out.  

In the meantime, take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, walk a few times a day, and eat a low fat diet as your doctor most likely prescribed.  Take care.  smile

• Posted

I have 5 incisions and one to side of belly button but there is one right at top of my belly right on bra strap line in between both breasts my surgery wasn’t a easy surgery 
    • Posted

I also had 5 incisions. With one in the spot, I heard that spot could be were the air? inserted to inflate the stomach. 
  • Posted

Hi Alexzeena,

Wow, I only have a two inch scar just above the navel and two tiny incisions on my lower abdomen for the camera and where they put in the tube for my drain.  My surgery was rougher as well.  I'm just surprised that you had incisions up so high on the torso to remove the gallbladder.  Nevertheless, if your stitches are oozing liquid, you should still call your doctor.  At least to ease your mind.  I did not have that problem after my surgery.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.