post opp 12 wks for antanier and posteria repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

doing really well after 12 wk.s normal feelings back again after so many years.. feeling weird to feel normal again if you understand me ... i must admit i thought i would be worse after the surgery than i actually was as in in pain and having any problems .... and i am a bit of a wuss lol but if you do as your told things should be ok for you ... the main issue i had was goin to the loo for a number 2 but getting there ... still on tablets but is easing ... there is light at the end of the tunnel but it does take time ... most important thing is to be patient and take it easy ... just thought id share my experience with you all take to you all jackie x

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It's wonderful to hear that you are doing so well and to know that there's light at the end of a very long tunne.

Like you I'm a bit of a wuss but i have found that as everyday passes I'm feeling just that little bit better.

• Posted

There defo is light at the end .. It's still sensitive down there but gettin better .. You take care . How far gone are you Kay x
    • Posted

Sorry for delay in answer, I'm 8 weeks post op for A&P repair, I've had the all clear at my post op appointment last week , but still have a row of stitches that haven't yet dissolved and still quite tender down there, more noticeable after I've walked anywhere other than around the house, thinking it could be the stitches rubbing, and that's the bit that's getting me down more than anything else at the moment as it feels like it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back just hoping that by the time I'm due to go back to work in January that feeling would have gone.
    • Posted

Some sutures do take a while to dissolve and the longer they take the more annoying they become. I'm sure they will have dissolved by the time you return back to work but if they haven't just be a bit more cautious. You shouldn't be lifting anything too heavy anyway until you're 6 months post op but if you're still uncomfortable when you do return be even extra careful.
    • Posted

Thanks matron, I think we just expect for things to be feeling better at This stage so it makes you feel a bit miserable when you still feel sore, as my consultant said everything looks like it has gone well the only thing I can think of that's still causing the uncomfortable feeling is the remaining stitches. On the whole I feel like things have gone well.
    • Posted

At 8 weeks I was still sore and didn't return to work until I was 13 weeks post op. My GP wanted me to stay off for longer but I went back on a graduated return over a 4 week period which helped a great deal. If you're full time it's definitely worth considering.
    • Posted

Luckly I only do 5 hours a day but that can included of lot of walking up and down stairs but I do intend to take things easy once I do finally return to work ,as we all know you don't get gold stars for making yourself I'll again 
    • Posted

You're right kay there aren't any medals so be careful and remember for the first few weeks don't plan to do too much after work because you'll be very tired.
  • Posted

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well.  I'm still having problems with mine, but my doctor put me on meds for overactive bladder...It helps some, but still hard to go potty....stay well...
    • Posted

So you don't go for wee regular .. I still go to much for wee but other side of it is very good just still taking tablets to go to for bm so I'm opposite in every way lol but all ok no prolapse feeling which is a comfort . You take care x
  • Posted

Your being at 12 wk s is a comfort I am just at 3 wk s and reading your blog as put my mind at rest the only bother I have is stitches through my groin that are irritating me every night they keep telling me they will dissolve but I can't bath I shower them everyday but thought they would have gone by now but really glad to hear your doing well 
    • Posted

I showered 2or 3 times a day down there to relive the pain it helped more see how you get on and if your still bleeding change your pad more regularly x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.