post procedure feedback

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had the procedure yesterday afternoon. The pee is starting to clear and there is plenty of pee. My only issue is the tip of the penis is very painful when I do pee. I am finding some relief by standing and walking. Can anyone shed light on how long this pain will continue? Thanks to all for the posts.

0 likes, 21 replies

Report / Delete

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The pain at the tip of the urethra is from the instuments iritating the lining. That will lessen fairly quickly. The more clear water you drink the more you flush out the better. Just breathe deeply and focus on anything but the stinging. It usualy goes away 30 seconds after you stop. Try to relax and know that it will get better.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Doc explained it to me as stretching. Between the instruments and that garden hose they call a Cath, it will be sore for a few days or so. Depending on the procedure.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had horrid pain during the procedure. The docs were perplexed. It was as if the oxicodone didn't take effect, But I concur the 'garden hose' has made its presence known.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

They were Merciful to me when they put the iTind implant in. A nurse anesthetist gave me a small dose of Versed, Propofil and Fentanyl. Same stuff as when they do a colonoscopy. Rapid onset, like 30 seconds, and rapid recovery, about 3 minutes. The procedure took 5 minutes and it took me 3 minutes to wake up. No memory of the procedure. No pain during. No pain afterwards internally. Only the stinging at the tip of the urethra during urination. I had to stay in recovery for 2 hours until I could urinate several times. The implant stayed in for 6 days. Not comfortable, felt weird of course, but not painful. Like an annoying pebble in your shoe. I was awake for the removal procedure. Just a little valium which was supposed to relax me and lidocaine gel to numb the urethra. I did not feel a noticable effect from either. It took maybe about 1 - 2 minutes of which only 15 seconds was sort of painful, like a cramping in a place I had never felt before and then sheer relief. A little bleeding when I urinated the first two times and then no morte stinging. It was like the heavens opened up. No more urgency. No more hesitation or stop and go. I felt like my bladder was really empty. I could last 3 - 5 hours between bathroom trips again. No sexual dysfunction. Results are expected to last between 5 - 10 years but nobody knows the upper limit yet. If I had to go through this every 2 years to get this kind of relief I would do it in a heartbeat.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nice that they put you under. I was very much awake. I didn't know the timeline. I pray I don't have to repeat the procedure. If I do, I would want to atleast be certain I was in twilight state.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you must gone through TUR procedure. Wait for a few days 3-4, this pain should finish.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I did have the REZUM procedure. It has been about 44 hours since the procedure and I am thinking the pain is actually fading. So, it appears from all I am reading, once you get past 60-72 hours, most are saying it becomes very manageable.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm at day plus 3 for my urolift procedure and the stinging is now subsiding and I can go without hestitating (because of the pain), still seeing a little blood in the urine. I found it was helpful to run a warm bath and pee in that as it tended to aleviate some of the stinging sensation.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That sounds feasible, though I doubt I will. I have been able to tolerate the pain even though it has been intense. I feel like The pain is lessening, so I will stay the course.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up