Post Prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my Bladder Proapse 15 weeks ago there was no follow up but all was well untill 3 weeks ago when I had pain and heavy bleeding I went to my Gp who was useless said she didn't know what was causing it and to call the Hospital myself which I did to be told my Consultant was on holiday untill 27th October (Tomorrow) and only if I haemorhage to go to A n E !! I am so frustrated and still losing blood though not as heavy. I will phone Hospital again tomorrow. I am sure its an age thing as both my GP (all of 35 years old) and the person I spoke to from the Hospital all remarked on my age (73) as if its no more than I should expect at that age. I am slim and fit and often mistaken for a lot younger so I resent this.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Polly

I am six weeks post op for both anterior and posterior prolapse. I have had an infection , a uti infection and then the heavy bleeding started. My consultant has been great , he admitted me  straight away as I had a heamatoma above the operation wound (constant bleed ),so nothing has started to heal. The bleeding has almost stopped with treatment and a week stay in hospital. I was discharged on the Friday and had to see the surgeon again on the following Monday to make sure that I was still responding to treatment. Another follow up appointment next week and then my post op review at the end of November . Go and get checked by your consultation or one of his team to put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps

Carole

• Posted

Hi Carole have a appointment on 11th November to see about my bleeding. thanks for your help. Polly
    • Posted

Hi Carole have a appointment on 11th November to see about my bleeding. thanks for your help. Polly
  • Posted

This is awful! Can you just go to emergency Polly? Surely someone will have to see you then. 
    • Posted

I suppose I could Carolannfud but then I think they would only refer me again to the Consultant. Thank-you. I have now written a letter of complaint to the Hospital Manager. Polly
    • Posted

Hi Carolannfud. Have an appointment at last to see Consultant on 11th November thanks for your help  Polly
    • Posted

Hi Carolannfud Had my Appointment. Please read LadyPinks answer above to know how I got on. Thank-you Polly
  • Posted

Hi Polly

i was told by my consultant (kingston hospital )that the bleeding after this op should only be like a period and can last for up to six weeks , anyt heavy bleeding or clotting and you need to be checked over.

go and see your GP and get them to write a referal letter, phone gynaecology and let them know that you will be attending A & E , that way they gynae team will be expecting you. At least you should get to see one of your consultants team.

it must be so frustrating for you, as you need answers.

hope this helps a little.

• Posted

Hi Carole

I have already seen my Gp who wrote a referral letter the Hospital said they hadn't received it I then had her fax another one. They keep telling me i can't see the Consultant as he's too busy and I can't see another one because it was him who did op. I can't win it seems. Thanks for your ideas though Polly

• Posted

Hi Carole have seen my Consultant have told LadyPink all about it. Please read above and thank-you. Polly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.