Post STARR x 2 ( Chemo damage) AML Leukaemia denied HALO procedure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

Ive been in chronic pain for the past 9 years following a diagnosis of AML in 2009.

STARR done in 2012! 3 years after complaining of rectal/bowel pain. minimal relief

of pain and discharged. (Mid Yorks Trust) got second opinion via GP and underwent

further STARR under care of Leeds Teaching Trust. constant heavy drawing pain on

standing. describe the pain as postural hypertension, as the pain increases the longer 

im vertical and is relieved by preferable lying down, although sitting down eases the

constant "pressure type pain". i have to irrigate my bowel every day as i can no longer

defacate naturally. i have suggested the HALO procedure since 2013 to my consultants

without any luck. currently attending a pain clinic. a Haemorrhoidectomy i had 

in 2014. and does not help with my daily irrigation routine. i saw a medical programme

on tv an the results of the HALO looked promising! any advice would be appreciated.

i have been discharged back to the care of my GP. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.