Post surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago by keyhole surgery, it went really well, however I feel awful, fatigue is terrible, no energy, today ha d pain that feels like gallstones, I'm eating normally, toilet is fine but feel really drained is this normal??

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Try to improve you diet. It takes extra calories to heel my doc recommended drinking protien shakes and after surgery it was also included with each meal.they helped me feel so much better. Also take Rest at intervals everyone heels differently.

Hope your on the mend and back to running the track soon. Just kidding. You will gain back your energy. It take time after all it's major surgery, and even a few extra minerals and supplements can help.

TC&Gb

• Posted

Thanks good to know I'm not being a hypochondriac, due back at work next week but think I may have to extend my sickline a bit longer
  • Posted

Yes, it is completely normal. I am over two months post op, and still not totally up to par. You had surgery, and everyone thinks because it was laparoscopic, it is quick and easy recovery. For some, maybe, but most, no. Rest and relax for as long as you need. 
    • Posted

Good to know, I was thinking because it was keyhole I should be feeling better by now
  • Posted

Thanks for posting, I'm 3.5 weeks post op and the recovery has been up and down, one day okay and them today I'm so sore and going to bed early.

i appreciate you sharing strategies.

• Posted

I hope you feel better soon, I was actually regretting having it done as at least the gallstone pain was only intermittent but I think speaking to others on here has made me feel a bit better
  • Posted

Hi, Elizabeth!  You've cleared two major hurdles, being ill, for which your body had to compensate, and having surgery.  Despite the fact that you are sedated, your body experienced the pain of surgery, though you have no recollection of it.  It's major surgery.  And now, your already taxed system has to recover.  Rest and eat healthfully, and give yourself some TLC.  It can take a while, so don't push yourself, you want to recover completely.  Good luck, and let us know how you do!
    • Posted

Thanks Linda friends have said the same to me but I still felt that I should be feeling better by now but it's good to know others have been feeling thr same way, thr sedation is another issue for me I don't cope well with with it which I think is why I still feel awful it takes my system time to recover from it
    • Posted

You're welcome.  Please do take it easy!  And, let us know. Please try not to press yourself into doing things prematurely.  That can reverse the recovery process and make it take even longer to heal.  Your own physical sense of your body is the best judge.  The ego that is saying "should" to you didn't have its gallbladder out!  confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.