Post surgery questions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I had my sigmoid colon removed via keyhole lap 3 weeks ago. Recovery is slow but steady. A few days ago, though, I started leaking. (Gross, I know! Sorry!) First it was liquid stool, now it's just clear fluid. It's almost constant. I'm supposed to go back to work this week, but I can't imagine it with this going on. Has anyone ever had/heard of this?

Thanks in advance !

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I  haven't but did they say it would happen.!if not I'd go see doctor asap. You don't want an infection..😘

• Posted

Thanks for replying! No, I never heard them mention that. I'm going to call in the morning. 

• Posted

Thank you! Yes, on Wed. When I mentioned that I was supposed to be back at work on Wed., the nurse said "we'll figure that out after the dr sees you."

• Posted

I would definitely seek medical advice. You don't want an infection. Are you in the USA only asking because the UK don't take them out unless it's an emergency 

• Posted

Yes, I am in the US. I have an appt on wed.  Ugh - I didn't realize it had to be done as an emergency in the U.K.  

• Posted

I hope you get sorted out. In the U.K. They try medication first x
  • Posted

Hi there-

Just got back from surgeon. He didn't seem concerned. Told me to increase my fiber and see what happens. What he didn't say was "oh yeah- that happens all the time" He seemed as mystified as I am! 

• Posted

He left you still wondering why? You needed reassurance which unfortunately he didn't give you. I'm sorry he was mistified.  Just watch it. 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.