Post TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just to say a big thanks to everyone in this group what a help it has been since I returned from the dark side😁However 6 months down the line the surgeon is pleased with my progress and signed to see me again in 6 months However the last 3 weeks has been a nightmare Had a fall major ended up with 28 stitches in my good leg and ordered to feet up for 7 days I did bump my TKR knee bruising and swollen knee resulted However plenty of icing back to pain killers and I'm back Yesterday consultant put me down for another TKR to my other leg So looks like I shall be back here looking for support from you all when once again I'm over to the dark side Can't wait till it's all over and I'm as good as I am now been there worn the teas shirt Exercise icing rest when I can sleep when I can take the meds even if the pain ain't bad Hope I remembered it all in yes rely on you lovely lot on here 😁😁😁😁

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Terrible about the fall! But wow! Off you go again! When will next one be? Good you have only got two legs...at least then you will be sorted,😀😁😃

• Posted

awh thanks jenny they cant do the other leg tkr till the wound on the leg is healed went to primary care yesterday as i found one of the two stiches they couldnt find when the stitches were taken out however god is good Ive had a few tears this morning hugs of the hubby and now im fighting back smile They said they would do the leg in 4 months time to give the fall leg time to heal as it was a real bad injury so they tell me im 72 so things dont heal as quick as they do when younger However onwards and upwards and keep doing the right things and ill get there maybe not till next yeat but i will xxxx
  • Posted

Geez.......  The only good thing about the Dark Side is that they have great cookies.  Take it slow...one thing at a time...and NEVER let any of this get you depressed.  They are just challenges to be overcome.  We're all with you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.