Post Urolift Urge

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post urolift and doing fantastic. I have however developed a puzzling issue. Every couple hours I experience this split second urge to pee . It hits and i think 'crap, I gotta pee' but then its gone. It lasts like 1/2 a second. Just a jolt and its gone. Anyone else experience this or know what it might be?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Buddy. Glad all is going well for you

I am trying to think back I had mine done 3 1/2 years ago. I think I may have had that problem but don't remember.

Everything was normal after 4 or 5 weeks. To me I did not see a problem

It should pass Give your self some time

Best Wishes...Ken

• Posted

i have no idea what that is but it should pass. I'm thinking if have it done. can you tell me how long it took after the procedure for you to say.... oh yeah, glad i had this done! thanks

• Posted

I think at about 2 weeks i started to see little improvements. By 3 weeks i slept through the night which is when i finally thought i had made the right choice.

• Posted

Yes , I seem to remember something similar to what you are mentioning. It just went away on its own. I don't remember it lasting all that long either. A few weeks maybe. Glad to hear you are doing well. i had urolift done about 18 months ago. Good results. No real recovery issues. Urinary flow maybe

not quite as good as when initially done but still pretty good by pre-op comparison .

Good luck in your recovery.

Tom

• Posted

Could it be possibly a spasm of your bladder due to irritation ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.