Posterier capsular opacification

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

Recently been told that I may have developed pco in my right eye.  I had iol surgery 2 years ago and have recently been having issues with blurry/hazy vision.  Optometrist reckons its pco causing the problem.  My question is to anyone out there whom has had pco.  Can the symptoms vary?  As sometimes the vision is not too bad yet other times it is particularly hazy.  I would have thought that pco would cause a consistent permenant problem until it is lasered away.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Having GCA the steroid helps and in same time of course has also side effects regarding the bones and increasing

Cataracts.

We must be alert all the time - taking the right

amount of steroid and observing the symptoms we have

when the tapering is not the one we need.

The good vision is our concern all the time.

Wish you the best

iellen

• Posted

Hi iellen

Thank you for your reply.  What are the GCA steroids that you mention and what do they do?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.