Posterior Repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 3 weeks post repair and new to this group! My recovery has been so far so good but, thought, as the sun was shining and I felt good that I would increase my exercise yesterday! So, off I went for a walk in the morning and another in the afternoon.  I felt good afterwards, a bit tired but good.  

During the night I have experienced drawing pains in my lower abdomen and down my legs and just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe I have overdone it!! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes sounds like you have over done it. Rest up for a day or so. The first few weeks we feel well and end up not resting enough then suffer.
  • Posted

Hi Annette. 

I am three weeks post op today. I am fortunate also because my recovery has been very good. 

I have had slight discomfort in my groin area, but on reading thought this was normal and appears to of settled down. I get ache when I have overdone it and no it's time to rest up. 

Just take it easy and have a floppy day and hopefully it will settle down. 

This is forum is excellent and relieving any worries that you may have. I wish you well. Xx

• Posted

Hi Annette,

I was adviced that could go for 2 x 10 or 15 min walks around 3/4 weeks. If I over do it ( is is difficult to time it) I feel like really heavy and swollen down below around pelvic floor.

I also get really heavy sore upper muscles at top of legs and feel tightening muscles across lower abs. I think that's normal as muscles waken up.

Think we just have to take it a little at a time.

I have a lovely sheltered and sunny back garden and have sat outside a couple of times when fairly warm, and even felt I had overdone it sitting to long. But nice to get some fresh air and sun.

Look after yourself and take it slowly,

Phyl xx

• Posted

Annette you have described exactly what happen to me this week also - like you am 3 weeks post op and have been very lucky with recovery - headed out for a walk on tues evening to make most of the sunshine and lighter evenings - felt a bit tired when I came in but good for being out in the fresh air- however all day wed I felt absolutely dreadful very "nippy" pains down below and nauseous all day - felt bit better yesterday but it's really only today that I feel as I did at start of week- clearly did too much on Tuesday but having very lazy days wed and thurs has really helped - so put your feet up and really cut back for a few days any you'll feel better
  • Posted

Hi , agree with all other posts. Sounds like you have well and truly overdone it. Don't stress about doing any damage though just listen to your body and rest when it tells you like now. A fellow forum lady called it her floppy days- love that as she just flops on lounge feet up with tv or a good book and does nothing. Sending you healing wishes , all the best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.