Posterior repair and novasure ablation 4 days ago .

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi , I am 40 yrs old and had my op 4 days ago posterior repair and novasure ablation. I have been doing really well , they even let me home from hospital the same day as I was doing so well. Pain under control with ibuprofen and paramol . Have had a little trouble with bladder .My trouble all started when I needed a bm . Think it's the most painful bm I've ever had tbh, and for a long time afterwards aswell .They gave stool softners to home with but tbh they didn't work , so I took my own aloe Vera capsules . I have ibs so take these anyway. Ever since bm I am now getting shooting pains in my vagina , so I had a look today . It's a little red down there , but more worrying is there's some skin that's pure white , like a small bulge of white skin just up from entrance of vagina . I couldn't see properly but just dosent look right, I know there's a lot of swelling so it's not going to look right and don't want to go poking around down there as I have been told I have a lot of stitches, but the colour , has anyone else noticed this . Because i couldn't see any stitches by there either . Hope I haven't popped any!!. Would be soo frustrating as I have followed all instructions , I am taking it easy and resting .xx

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have been to the doctors this morning and think I may have an infection so I have antibiotics now. No stitches popped thankfully , the white what I thought was skin is actually clusters of white stitches lol. I knew I would be having a lot but didn't think there would be that many that there's no gap between them. But at least I know what it is know lol. All seem to be OK down there other than possible infection so I am relieved now. I know nobody has engaged in these posts yet but just I case you do and you have noticed these things I hope this helps.xx

• Posted

Glad you got sorted Susan, I think it is so hard with these types of procedures because everything is hidden.

with regards to your bm I found making sure I was drinking 2-3 ltrs helped and also prunes (if they don't affect your IBS) there have been several studies showing prunes to be very gentle and effective.

Also it shouldn't cause any harm to help support your perineum with some folded tissue paper and a squatty potty type foot rest helps me loads.

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Take it easy and rest. Our bodies take months to recover.

I had my anterior repair in April last year but it failed 2, weeks later. I am now waiting for another with a different urogynacologist. I have faith he will sort it this time.good luckxx

• Posted

hi Welsh girl , I'm really sorry to hear that yours failed , good luck this time . Hope all works out for you.xx

• Posted

Thanks Susan.. I was in shock fokr 6months over it.did nothing for 6werks and still refuse to carry shopping and hoover so I just think I was one o the 30% that fail but definitely shouldn't of after such a short time😬. Take it easy.xx

• Posted

Ouch - that failure rate stat seems WAY too high. Who said it's that high?

• Posted

Hi mossup, thanks for your advice , I have been drinking lots of water and supporting perineum with tissue , haven't tried prunes though not sure if I like them lol. But may give them a try . Also have a foot stool which helps a lot. Xx

• Posted

Ifbyou research you you will learn about the high failure rate.my urogynacologist is one top surgeons in the country and he spoke in depth about the failure rates. Tgere are quite a lot if us on this forum that have had more than one repair.
    • Posted

How do you determine what is a failure? And how do you determine a "top surgeon"? In urogynaecology you cannot say who are the best surgeons because the success of any prolapse surgery depends on several factors most of which are down to the patient and the state of the pelvic floor and if the patient adheres to the advice given. There isn't a register of "top urogynaecologists" and the best urogynaecologists don't have failures

• Posted

Really must be so annoying when you are already following all the advice on this.  I have to say I did get fed of the prunes and now I have been enjoying rhubarb cheesygrin for some light relief!!

If things don't improve I would maybe go back to the GP and try a different type of stool softener.  When I started with movical prior to my op it took about 5 days of the maximum dose daily to get a good result.

i hope the infection is getting better too. Xx

• Posted

Stool softeners take about 4-5 days to have any effect. Think about how long your alimentary tract is, it has to pass through there and then it needs time to coat the stool. Movicol is about the "strongest" stool softener on the market. You can buy Dulcoese over the counter but if isn't working then your GP has very little option left to him.

• Posted

I am just speaking on my experience matron.. Even top surgeons have failures but I was told that theses surgeries have a failure rate of 30/70.. However ad you said this is done to a lot of factors. I for one speak for myself here. I did everything in my power to make my repair hold,absolutely nothing for 6weeks however it failed after 3weeks. I am positive that my consultant will sort me this time . he is one of the best in the country, as I have donevall my research matron. As far as the too urogynacologist don't have failures, iim sorry matron but I have to disagree with you on this one.. Mr monga is a well respected consultant but my failed. As I said,this is my experience only .

• Posted

Yeah to be honest , I stopped taking the stuff the hospital gave me and started taking the aloe Vera capsules that I usually take but higher dose and it seems to be doing the trick lol 😊. It still hurts to have bm though but I guess that's normal as I have read that on a lot of people's posts and that it's a problem for quite some time. I really hope this dosent fail , really don't want to have to do this again . I did have another 2 procedures done with it which probably didn't help mind , but hopefully worth it in the long run. Thankyou antibiotics are strong so should do the trick. Enjoy your rhubarb 😀Xx

• Posted

Hi Susan only just saw your post. Am glad you got to the gp and found out. It is so worrying isn't it? All the best for your continuing recovery, just take it easy x I had my repair 14 weeks ago x

• Posted

hi Donna, yes it is worrying and have never had anything like this done before so didn't really know what to expect. Thankyou for the well wishes . Really hope your recovering well too.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.