postmenopause 4years.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I thought I wouldn't be suffering with anxiety and depression still after 4 years post menopause. I'm on seroxat and doc has given me hrt perimque for being so emotional crying 😢 every day anyone else like this or is it just me. So drained with it all. I am 57yrs of age.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feel so rubbish.  AFAIK Seroxat (awful drug in my opinion) is more for anxiety than depression.  Your description is more depression than anxiety.  Have you asked your GP to try a different antiDe instead?
    • Posted

Tried a few antidepressant sertraline I was on for 16 years it stopped working. Tried citalopram and mirtazipine they didn't suit me soroxat I've had less side effects but on highest dose. Now on hrt for last 2 weeks seeing if it helps. Thanks for you reply.
  • Posted

Yes i have been this way crying, anxieties, but it does get better. Maybe you need an antidepressant something to help you with you depression and anxieties.
    • Posted

Are you going through menopause too. Have tried various antidepressants mirtazipine citalopram didn't suit me. I was on sertraline for 16 years bit it stopped working for me

So I am on seroxat the highest dose and on hrt now and going to see how it goes. I think I could probably do with seeing a psychiatrist if this doesn't work. Thanks for reply.

• Posted

yes i am going through menopause have had the anxieties, the mood swings depressed, angry, Tried HRTs they did not work was on them with my ativan, nurontin, and trazodone, two three months ago was at the urologist he said i was holding water in me 208 was the number when they scanned my belly, then last Friday went back was not holding water read a 0 since i have been off the HRTs the nurontin and trazodone. Still on Ativan but doctor put me on paxil its helped calm me down a lot have not been anxious or had a bad panic attack which is good you should try paxil its suppose to help with anxieties and depression also i have not had the palpitations either they went away. 

I just have to let the paxil take effect and then my doctor is going to slowly take me off the ativan since that is addictive 

Try paxil talk to your doctor

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Susan. It seems you have been on this same rollercoaster nobody ever tells you how dreadful the menopause can be. I lost my job through the depression taking a long time to get ad that suited me.so my confidence has now taken a nose dive.But I'm hoping and praying things will get better for all ladies on this forum.x
  • Posted

I agree with, it's probably advisable to goto youre GP. Think you probably need some antidepressent's. I take Sertline, your doctor will know which will be best for you! I felt awfully low miserable and not happy with life at all and felt like this for 10 months, I know feel much better taking Sertline. Good luck frill. And keep us posted.
  • Posted

Ask for a better hrt - oestrodiol based matrix patches, and/or oestrodiol daily gel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.