postmenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ladies im 53 and been postmenopause for just over 3 years now ive started to have

a dull ache in my lower right side and across my tummy this comes and goes through

out the day doesnt keep me awake but im aware that its there have no bleeding and

no discharge has anybody had similiar

regards amanda

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, I would try to get in to see your DR...that is a long time to have pain, so you should be seen, don't feel like its a bother or put it off ...it could be something like a cyst(which is something to keep an eye on)The important things over there (depending on exactly where)are bowel, ovary, appendix, hip...you can also have radiating pain. It is something that at least you are questioning, possibly worrying about, getting it checked will give you peace of mind...Good Luck & BEST WISHES💒🎶♾🌈🐾😊🍀☮

• Posted

hey Amanda please meet a gynecologist ASAP. it will clear your mind rather than asking from us. mental health is the most important. keep your mind clear as always. good luck hope you are in goodhealth.

kevin ks.

medical student,

Monash University, Australia.

• Posted

I am 52 and post meno for nearly 3 years now. I have had a pain in my lower left side about where my ovary would be it sometimes can be dull, sharp or just annoying. I will get what feels like uterine cramp ache too. I have had easily 7 trans vaginal ultrasounds, my GYN says it isn't my ovaries and it's not my uterus. I do have cysts (she says they are more likely from ovulations past. I also have a fibroid cyst in my uterus. I have had this checked out also. My left side ovary area is bothering me now. I get it on my right side at times too. I don't know what it is, I just know what it isn't. I also had a full body ultrasound. I have a cyst on my left kidney. (My issue was right back pain, go figure). They pretty confident that it is a benign cyst but I have to get it checked at 6 months (June) to see if there is any growth.

I would recommend getting it checked out. Y

The pandemic has me not wanting in to see my NP or GYN. I did go into see my NP for a swollen gland in my neck. Everyone were required to wear masks. That was "fun" lol I have severe health anxiety. Which makes everything so much worse than it has to be. I worry that they haven't found what is really wrong with me yet. Ugh.

It is worth getting your issue looked at. Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.