Postmenopause bleeding and enlarged uterus

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had abnormal pap before because of hpv and a couple of colposcopy tests. Both times everything came back negative. I'm supposed to be seen yearly but unfortunately because of life...got married, moved, new job etc, I missed my visit last year. I had minor bleeding a couple of mos ago and went to urgent care since it was a wknd. l was told that I had an imbalance of bacteria or something like that. It went away and then a week ago I started bleeding again but this time it was bright red. My husband took me to the er because I had pelvic cramps too and I was scared. I also have a history of fibroids and endometriosis. They said the lining of my uterus is making it the size of a 4 month pregnancy and my fibroids aren't that big. I was told to follow up with my gyno within a week. The next morning I called my gyno but their message kept saying they were closed. Around 4:30 my gyno called me saying that the e.r. doctor called them and said to put me in for the following morning (which is today) and she (the e.r.) Dr would be there to do a endometrial biopsy. I am beyond scared and wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to learn you're going through this.  Many of us on this site suffered from post menopausal bleeding, which needs to be investigated as soon as possible.  Your doctors are taking good care of you. 

After the tissue is taken, you should be given another appointment, at which time the gyno will discuss the results of the biopsy and what the doctor wants to do next.  

While you're waiting for the results, be gentle with yourself.  Others have gone through this process and been okay. That being said, it's normal to be worried.

Please let me know how you get on!  I'll be thinking of you, Tracy! 

• Posted

Don't be scared they'll sort - whatever it is. How old are you? If you don't mind me asking. I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia last year & now have a coil, I get intermittent brown/blood loss. I totally understand your anxiety. But from what you've said your previous history has proved all ok.

It could just be mother natures last stand off with your period.

Tc xx

• Posted

I just seen ou post Tracy, Yes I have had the enlarge uterus. What is your update so far? You stay strong, a bunch of ladies have dealt with the enlarge uterus. Thinking of you and awaiting your update. Hugs! 
  • Posted

Hi Tracy. I wanted to check on you and see how everything went. I hope you are doing okay🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.