Pounding heart.. feel it's the end..

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello ladies, woke up with a pounding heart and doesn't seem to stop..getting internal tremors too..am really scared..what to do?? I am coming close to my monthly, could it be because of that?? help??

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, I'm sorry that you are feeling this way tonight. It is hormonal normal though...unfortunately. I had the internal tremors it was scary. You have to somehow try to relax and know that all of this comes with the world of peri/meno. You will feel better eventually. I still have my days but knowing that others are going through the same thing helps me to feel normal in this. Continue to come on this site and talk and also be gentle with yourself and your feelings and needs. We will get through this one day. Take care and im sending ((hugs)) and prayers to you.

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

It is currently 4:45am and I was awoken with a pounding heart. It has been the same wake up for over two months now. It usually occurs around 4am most days. I started going to bed at 8:30pm just to get a full nights sleep. I try to relax through it, but if I stay ind, it keeps happening. Strangely, if I get up it stops. You are not alone.

• Posted

this symptom really knocked the sock off me. just came back with a whole lot of test done. ECG done..heart normal but beat is high.(guess it's my best friend anxiety!!)now waiting for the blood result. hope it turns out fine. praying for all the strong ladies!!

• Edited

hi amanda me too i get the heart pounding specially when it is close to my period and internal tremors , today is my third day period and for the last day i wake up with both heart pounding and the tremors ,so i guess it is our hormones

• Posted

I guess it is, went to see the doc, numerous tests end result...anxiety..so I know its hormones..uggh!!

• Edited

HI Amanda

right now im at work and my heart is like a feel of being squeze and flutters, pinching ughh .check my BP 117/79 and HR is 79. it is so annoying and i try to breath and it gets better or not think about it. has anyone experience the same .

• Posted

hi there, mine is the same, pounding like it's not going to stop. went to have a lot of tests, everything normal so it is hormones. I guess the imbalance brings a lot of anxiety thus the palpitations. just relax and breathe. it will pass.

• Posted

today i went to my therapist she said is a panic attack. that episode i had was the day after my period end it and she gave me some breathing exercises she gave me BUSPAR 7.5 and i cut it in half and boy i was so drowsy i told her no im not taking it. next week im seeing the person that give meds and im going to try another medication. and hope this will end ! right now my stomach is blah.

• Edited

Hello, I've had this happen and what helps me is electrolytes ie. magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium. Try to eat lots of green veg like kale for potassium and supplement with magnesium - I use mag365. Worth a try. Hope it helps you stop the palpitations and sleep.

• Edited

HI amanda, I have been through this crap myself and know how you feel it does stop with time,MENO is not for ever although it seems like its...if you have just started well you have until your periods end and still the crap continues, one day at a time..go to your DR for the ANIXETY that is what i think is bothers us women the most...your heart will not stop it knows when to calm down the more frighten you get the more they symptoms will persist...you will see as the years fly by OK, chin up unwards and upwards i hope this helps you and others.

YOU GONNA BE OK (((((((HUGS)))))))

• Edited

HI amanda, i had that too especially at night ....your not going no where if its you i reply to yesterday i cant remember, it will ease up its just hormones and because your still peri meno it will be like this, it will slow down with time i know its not nice but just take it easy....i went to therpist myself for help...I'm now full blown meno and only now get it accasionally once the body reach this stage it settles down with time,im with you all the way always remember its not for ever.

• Posted

thank you Maria for your support and comforting words. hope and pray it will pass soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.