Pre Menopause at 36 & now have anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

So worried something is wrong with me? Started getting my circles every 8

Days for 5 days. Came with horrible hot flashes, insomnia, dizzy, depressed, heart palpitations and extremely sore breasts. Since then started with unbelievable anxiety, mainly in the morning. Had every test done except MRI, doctor saying peri menopause and anxiety. After being at emerge and family doctor 8 times, they have put me on birth control and lorazopram. Has anyone experienced these symptoms from peri menopause? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I have a 3 year old daughter and I am fearful one morning I won't wake upsad

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like Peri-which can be so unpredictable for the most part. That makes it so scary for all of us, because we no longer feel in control, like you are describing. These are such uncomfortable feelings. I used to feel like I was dying as well. 

I've had such a wide variety of symptoms that started last year, too many to mention here, but I want you to know, you are not alone and please know that fear you are feeling will come and go, becoming less pronounced as time goes on and you see, that as awful as these symptoms are, you will continue to wake up to see your beautiful girl. wink

For now, give the lorazopram a try to see if it doesn't help calm you a bit. If not, there are other things to try. Definitely Vitamin B's (complex) higher dose. Many swear by B6 150-300mg daily B 12, magnesium, calcium and more. You can review old posts and check out the ones written by JayNeeJay. Brilliant amount of helpful posts from her.

Sending you big hugs as I know how terribly frightening these crazy symptoms can be!

Annie xx

• Posted

Sarah, I have had these symptons almost daily, I am almost at the point that I am considering therapy, I have horrendous anxiety, since perimenpause, I always  believe something horrible is going to happen to me, all the time even driving I have very bad anxiety.  I have medication for it and I have not used it but I am strongly considerng it, I also have body soreness, I have very sore breasts, I have sore arms, the joint pain and burning are bad, I am wondering if this is a menpausal pushed rhumatism or something, I see a dr soon, but in the back of my mind I suspect its all due to the perimenpause and the  hormonal zig zags. I understand your frustration, My recommendation is to talk to your doctor about all of this, I am next week.  Good Luck and look at homeopathic solutions too.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah.  Do not be so scared, it looks very much like peri. We feel terrible and doctors know little about the symptoms, and there are several other that we were never told about...  Anxiety and depression are very common, too and make things look worse than they are, so be attent to figure out when you are under their influence, once you notice, it is easy to deal with it.  36 is still somehow early to show these scary symptoms but there are even younger ladies in this forum in the same situation.  Theoreticaly we are all peri around 35, we just do not have all the terrifying symptoms. Around this age keeping a health pregnancy or even getting pregnant becomes difficult, which is already one of the very first peri symptoms sad. Great you are already a mother, some are got by surprise without have had the opportunity to bear children.  Keep reading the postings here, you will find recommendation for vitamins, diet, exercising, all precious information.  Cheer up.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. I have also suffered all the symptoms you have mentioned.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for your comments. It is wonderful to know that I am not alone and that I am not crazy. I see my doctor again on Friday to see if there are any solutions to dealing with these symptoms naturally. I will definitely being getting vitamin B. I am very thankful that I have a beautiful little girl to keep me goingsmile thanks again for all the support and good advice.
  • Posted

I felt exactly the same thought I was going mad. The symptom I couldnt cope with was the panic attacks.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

although my periods are more spaced than yours, I suffer too with bouts of insomnia, heart palpitations, sore breasts, extreamly dizzy, often with nausea, weakness, jelly legs etc

Last year I also had very bad night sweats & hot flushes but since starting on vit B6 and using Chia seeds & linseeds sprinkled on my cereal the hot flushes & night sweats have significantly reduced.

I too worry that its something more than the menopause.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi sarah, my periods arn't as often as yours but i have all the other symptoms you have mentioned  as well as itchy skin and my hair is falling out more. It is worrying and i think we all feel dreadful a lot of the time, but hang on in there and keep reading this forum, i have found it a godsend, take care, love and light xx
  • Posted

You poor dear! You are certainly not alone. I have experienced many of the symptoms you've described. They are very scary. Like Annie said you don't feel in control. I get those thoughts of doom and death too. Unfortunately it is the nature of this beast called menopause. I too have small children, a six year old son and a one year old daughter. I am concerned for my health for their sake. I entered this nightmare at age 36 too. I am now 41. I had my annual paper yesterday and I am scheduled for an ultrasound just make sure all is okay. I am consulting with them to do a hysterectomy. I am tired of all of this. I want my life back. Hopefully it will get better for us all.

Take care

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.