Pregabalin

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on this for 11 weeks now and it is helping ever so slightly. But I feel that my hands, feet, face and breasts swell. I don't know if it's the Pregabalin or not. Does anyone else get this? 

Aabb

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I were on it for 2.5 years had the same symptoms. I also take Oramorph and Paracetamol . Other symptoms were  dry mouth, dizzy, hot flushes,felling of being drunk, slurred speech. Mixed up words coming out, hallucinations, weight increased etc. Asked my dr to change the tablet as I were not happy on it. He refused, so I weaned myself off them slowly. I feel better now off them although i am still in lots of pain, and I lost 12lb and are still loosing. Good luck..Anne..
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. I may come off them to see if I feel different.

aabb

• Posted

Exactly what are you taking this for? If its only slightly helping and the side effects are too troublesome, there may be other options.
    • Posted

I am taking them for Fibromyalgia. I have tried Amatriptolin (if that's how you spell it) and Duloxetine. They both made me extremely tired and sick. 

Aabb

• Posted

Okay. It's Lyrica. Lol. Duh.

Some people don't tolerate it well at all. It helped me but made me tired. Neurontin is what I take now. Side effects are far fewer and it actually gives me energy. 

• Posted

I might ask the doctor to let me try Neurontin.

aabb

• Posted

I would. The two meds are so similar that you can only take one or the other. It's not necessarily meant for fibromyalgia but it is definitely an alternative. I have to add that I also watch my diet and take homeopathic medications that target the nerves. Along with valerian root tabs and chamomile tea, minerals and things like that. But even with all that, sometimes I wake up at night screaming. Hence, the Neurontin. It gives me good days which would not exist without it.

On really bad days, I take a Valium before bed. But if you can stay away from that kind of stuff, it's best.

• Posted

I have just had my pregabalin dosage increased by a lot, as I take many other medications I read the patient info leaflet in the packet, what you are describing are known side-effects of the drug, hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.