Pregabalin for GAD in Scotland

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i am under the belief that this is not allowed to be prescribed in Scotland for GAD, ias anyone on here on it for GAD?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am. Max dose of 200mg three times a day. It's really helped me, especially with staying in work
    • Posted

How long you been on it and did you have to see a psychiatrist toget it?
  • Posted

anyone else in Scotland been prescribed this for GAD?
  • Posted

I live in Scotland and was prescribed pregabalin for severe GAD one week ago. I started on 150mg per day and overnight felt significant relief. I have been suffering from anxiety / dread / extreme adrenaline rushes for over a year, always worst in the morning and gradually subsiding by the evening. Today I upped the dose to 300mg. I have only been on this for a week, but I am very encouraged by the results so far and side effects are minimal (I am usually non-tolerant to things like SSRIs and tricyclics). I would recommend anyone give this a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.