Pregablin and lorazepan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help, my psychiatrist said I could take both together but the patient leaflet says I can't!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd phone and ask him? 

Im on lithium and lorazepam and shouldn't be theoretically.

im on zopiclone every night to be able to sleep and they should only be prescribed for 7 days at a time and this is month 3.

ibthink a lot of doctors etc do what's best for you at the time to stabalise you then take one away and modify from what I can gather, there are guidelines to follow.

as for the two together, defiantly check with a phychiatrist and GP first then just monitor for side effects if you get the go ahead?? 

• Posted

Thank you I did ask him and he said the pregablin will help limit and stop the lorazepan. So now I'm unsure
  • Posted

I would take the doc's advice, it might only be temporary.
    • Posted

I've found lorazepam comes in really handy to prevent panicky feelings which then lead to a bad day which then means I can get through that bad spell then stop it after that. I then have herbal anxiety tablets for minor anxiety until the next spell hits, this is only possible because the lithium has levelled me out dramatically. 
  • Posted

As long as they don't contra-indicate each other which I'm sure the doctor would've checked there shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately we all respond differently to medication and it's all about finding a balance!! The patient leaflets are broad in explanation a bit like horoscopes as we don't all respond in the same way and they have to cover all possible reactions. Try not to worry and take care xx smile
  • Posted

I would be tempted to follow your doctor's advice as they spend years training.

If you are totally uneasy about taking them together it can do no harm to contact the doctor and ask for reassurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.