pregablin for anxiety / GAD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone been prescribed this for GAD?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

No I take ativan 0.5 mg 1-4 a day.. They are addicting but if it helps I'm gonna take it.. I also take lexapro 10mg and a low dose beta blocker and its all seems to be helping alot. I take b-12 and nonflush niacin also 500mg twice a day.. 
  • Posted

I take pregabalin 75mg twice daily for extreme anxiety following a breakdown.I did not expect them to work but they work very well for me and I don't know what I would do without them.Everyone is different of course but I would say they are definitely worth a try.
    • Posted

Yes my GP put me on valium which just knocked me out and made me even more anxious when they were wearing off.The normal course of action would be to use antidepressants but I get bad anxiety side effects with them and they affect my heart.My psychiatrist put me on pregabalin which I did not expect to work as I had tried so many things without success.They were originally developed for the relief of chronic pain but were also found to have good anxiety relieving side effects.
  • Posted

i've been on them since the begining of september which is just after i started taking 45mg mirtazapine for insomnia.I have been feeling a little better of late which both myself and the doctor feel is down to the mirtazapine,if i sleep half decent i always feel better.So not really sure if the pregabalin is doing anything.It was designed more for nerve damage as far as i know and the calming effect is more of a side effect than anything else,doctor says it is very similar to pregabalin which made no difference to my anxiety at all,so all in all i dont think its the pregabalin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.