pregbalin is it as good as srri,s

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am currently taking venalaxifine 75mg mirtazapine 30mg but really struggling with anxiety , horrendous all day long makes me feel suicidal , doctor has prescribed me pregbalin has anyone tried this did it help , what are the side effects like 

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Yep. my psych. prescribed it for me scared me rigid when I read the possible side effects though. I think I ended up on 150mg +Mirtazipine 45mg a day it worked I think for a while. Not really the wonder drug I was hoping for though. Worth a try, I stopped it as it affected my vision for some reason. good luck (it's better than being addicted to benzodiazepine) that's where I am!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Terry

i found it to be excellent because it worked immediately and helped me sleep. My doctor says he thinks it is an axcellent drug for anxiety. I had some mad side effects at first, burning eyes and throat, euphoria slightly hyper (but not in an anxious way) but these vanished after a couple of days. Wouldn't reccomend taking with any sort of benzo though as you begin walking into doors etc also I don't drink so I'm not sure about drinking with them.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thanks jo what dosage are you on , im on 75mg one in the morning and one at night , the first night i took one the next day i felt much better but the day after really drop back in to bad anxiety , does it take time to kick in ,only side effect is blurred vision ,
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was put on it for back pain but it had an immediate effect on my anxiety. I was on 100mg 3 x day. If it doesn't work ask about it's sister drug gabapentin. . I was put on that first and found it even better for anxiety but was switched to pregabalin as its supposed to be better for pain. You can switch straight over from one to the other no need to taper one first. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i take pregablin smile, it has been a godsend for me,

i was taking a spray for my gullet spasms bc i was getting these due to anxiety and i had to spray it 3 or 4 times a day twice each time under the tongue then i was put on pregablin and it really help calm me down so much that i didnt have to use the spray as much, (the spray gave me headaches and stung my tongue) it is a lot more complicated than that but it really does help me a lot.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up