Pregnancy depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 19 weeks pregnant with a much wanted and planned baby. However, as the pregnancy progresses, I am literally haunted by feelings I've never had in my life. I cannot stop crying. I feel guilty for my 13 year old. It was always just us, her whole life. We are so close. Now I'm going to be moving in with my partner and having a baby and I feel like my daughter will suffer. I shouldn't be changing everything that she knows! I can't sleep anymore... I get up during the night and can't bear to lie down with my own thoughts. I am so overwhelmed by these feelings that I want to scratch my own skin off to escape them. I pace the floor for ages but I am so tired. When I feel the baby move, I get upset... Because then I can't put it to the back of my mind anymore. I have to face up to all of these changes. I don't know what to do... I'm going to discuss with the midwife but I am terrified I am going to be left feeling this way long term. I am so very upset and I don't feel like I'm normal. This should be a happy time but I'm acting like a crazy person. Would love some advice from people who have Been through similar.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi col the doll. I have no idea about pregnancy and depression as to what it does but do know there is a baby centre website for the UK that I use that has lots of forums on it. They're really kind on there and would help you I'm definite. Good luck.x😄

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi as you are pregnant your hormones must be all over the place and it is probably this which is causing the way you are feeling.  Also any change even good can stress you out and this won't be helping.

Think of the benefits to your 13 year old as she will now have a stepfather and a little baby sister or brother.  Start preparing her and enlist her help now and for when the baby comes.  x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

My niece suffered from deep depression during her pregnancy and immediately following it. As someone noted, your hormones are all over the place during this time and anxiety and depression are not uncommon. You may want to discuss it with your ObGyn and see if they can reccommend any services or support groups. Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

My niece suffered from deep depression during her pregnancy and immediately following it. As someone noted, your hormones are all over the place during this time and anxiety and depression are not uncommon. You may want to discuss it with your ObGyn and see if they can reccommend any services or support groups. Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up