Premique low dose - pharmacies which CAN supply it

Posted , 20 users are following.

Premique (both strengths) was out of production for up to a year, and then Pfizer (the manufacturer) announced they were no longer producing the higher strength.  The Low Dose (LD) came back into production in February 2017 but in another forum here it has become very apparent that both GPs and pharmacies widely believe, incorrectly, that even the LD is no longer available.

THIS IS NOT TRUE!

It would appear that different pharmacies (including different locations of the same chain) use different distributors, and not all of the distributors are sourcing Premique.  This means that one branch of Boots may be able to obtain it for you, and another may not.  I've started this thread so that anyone who has had successes or failures in getting Premique LD can post the details here, in order to benefit others.  So I'll start the ball rolling:

YES - Boots in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

NO - Boots in Brandon, Suffolk

1 like, 105 replies

105 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lowmoor Road Pharmacy, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Notts
  • Posted

NO -. Boots in Hitchin, Herts

YES - Nu Cross Chemist, Hitchin

NO - The Bell chemist, Hitchin

• Posted

NO - Boots, Hitchin, Herts

YES - Nu Cross Chemist, Hitchin, Herts

NO - The Bell chemist, Hitchin, Herts

• Posted

Should have put

YES - Lowmoor Road Pharmacy, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Notts

NO - ASDA, Forest Town, Notts

NO - Manor Pharmacy, Harwood Close, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts

• Posted

Prrmique is definately not available in the Manchester area. My GP had confirmed that the low dose is no longer available . I have had to switch to a different one... Start tomorrow and hopefully there will be no problems. fingers crossed
    • Posted

It's not true Bellav! It is available! Google all your chemists in your area and find out which ones do it. See our blog above. Doctors have been mistaken.

• Posted

Bella your GP is probably relying on what they've been told by the pharmacy they use for most of their prescriptions - he/she is WRONG!  Premique low dose IS available again and has been since February this year.  If you phone around the pharmacies in your area sooner or later you will find one whose distributor has access.

Please try - and don't be fobbed off by your GP - they're human and can (and do!) make mistakes.

• Posted

I did the phoning round and Boos contacted the supplier who confirmed that it had been discontinued. Which low dose are you referring to? I was in 0.5/0.625

• Posted

It was in fact me who told the GP that it was no longer available and when he checked he confirmed Ptzifer were no longer supplying
    • Posted

Sorry the dose I was in was 0.625/5mg
    • Posted

That is Premique LD. Prescribed to me today and after phoning 3 pharmacies I found one who has got it. My Dr originally said it wasn't available after being told that by the chemist next door to the Dr's surgery. What Zibbyl has written in her reply to you is correct. 

• Posted

Sorry but it's not correct. I spent 4 weeks before going to discuss with my GP ringing chemist ms I'm my locality and surrounding area and none had it in stock ( this was after waiting 5 months for Boots to try and obtain for me). Boots eventually spoke directly to the supplier and Ptzifer confirmed it had been discontinued. My GP then also checked with the supplier and again it was confirmed. Some chemists may still have some stock but eventually these will run out.

• Posted

Bella you're not talking about Premique Low Dose, it's the higher dose alternative which I can confirm has been discontinued. 

Premique Low Dose is 0.3mg/1.5mg, and it IS available, as you can see from those who've posted details of their successes.

• Posted

Sorry Bellav. I had meant to write 'it is the Premique LD'. And of course the dose for that is 0.3mg/1.5mg. I've never had the higher dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.