Prescribed 10mg, took for two days, stopped, scared to start again :( Help....

Posted , 9 users are following.

Four weeks ago heartburn triggered a Panic Attack as i thought it was my heart (sound familiar??) Saw my GP after a four day Panic Cycle, Prescribed 2mg Diazepam to get me out of that, worked a treat but ever since i have had extreme Anxiety, Went back to GP and was Prescribed 10mg of Citalopram, Took me a while to pluck up the courage to start them, (Spent about two weeks trying to deal with this naturally) anyway i took my first one and felt like i was losing my mind severe side affects constant panic and irritability, erratic thoughts, took a second dose the next day same feeling, now i'm petrified to start again!!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Stephen

There is nothing I can say that you haven't been told.except that I went to see a hypnotherapist and he gave me allot of strength to get over allot of negative thoughts.pills will only mask the problem .they are very good when they get in your system,but it is a battle as your body will reject them. Try your CBT course that will give you a idea what you are dealing with and tell you that you are not alone.20 years ago the reason why most people would lose time from work is bad backs. Now its stress and anxiety. Its all over the TV now .corri.seek out advice and talk to people ,Dont bottle things up good luck mate my heart goes out to you

• Posted

simple go back and see your GP these drugs can be a nightmare for some people!!

The GP cannot help if he is not consulted!!

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, I'm on Sertraline which is similar to Citalopram. During the first couple of days the panic attacks were horrendous so I went back to the doctor and he proscribed propanalol 40mg twice a day. They worked really well and helped me through the side effects.
    • Posted

I really wish there was an edit facility on here..... 'prescribed'
  • Posted

I know this is over a year old, but yeah, those side effects mean that your body/brain doesn't like the drug. I hope you went back to your GP and found relief in some other medication!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.