Prescription

Posted , 1 user is following.

How long have i got to hand my prescription in? I was given another 14 tablet prescription on tuesday but still haven't finished my current pack.

How long do i have untill i cannot get them? It doesn't say.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

H ithere I'm not really sure what you are asking? Just present your prescription next time you go to your local pharamacy. I always thought that you had up to three months to present a prescription for dispensing at the chemist? Try not to worry the doctor will make sure that you dont stockpile tablets. Checks are in place however there is no law to say that you can keep slightly more than you need for the moment. The government is keen for us not to waste resources and it is up to the individual to manage his or her tablets wisely. If you are new to mirtazapine then your doseage might change or the anti depressnat might be changed by your doctor probably another reason for not keeping too many tablets. Hope this helps Pooh.
  • Posted

Hi Pooh

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i'm new to mirtazapine, been on it for 2 weeks now. Changed from prozac.

Just wasn't sure if i had a certain amount of time before the prescription became \"invalid\".

Thanks x

• Posted

It might be an idea to ask as one of the moderators. I always thought you had three months to present them but not completely sure. Have also read that tablets have a shelf life as well apart from their use by stamp on the packet. Perhaps somebody can advise? Good to see you on here Sarah. Pooh.
  • Posted

Hi there

A prescription is valid for six months from the date given on the prescription, with the exception of prescriptions for controlled drugs.

The date on the prescription can be either:

the date the prescription is signed by the health professional who issues it, or

a date the health professional indicates the prescription should not be dispensed before.

Where a prescription has both of these dates, the six months runs from the later of the two dates.

(Click here for more information)

Melbi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.