Pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

I'm now 11 weeks post op and still have a feeling of pressure at the front of the vulva area, only comfortable when lying down, has anybody else had this thanks

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hub Debra. I am 7 weeks post op. I have that same feeling and saw the dr last week and she said it's normal just your bodies way of telling you to slow down. Try and take it easy x

• Posted

Debra you never stated what op you had?x
    • Posted

I had anterior repair last April and I re!ember the feeling well. You probably still have internal swelling so you still need to rest. With me unfortunately it failed and the feeling I had was just that. I rested for 6weeks to no avail. Waiting foifoir another one now on NHS. I'm convinced my new urogynacologist will sort it this time. He has also advised to to look for a sit down job as standing all day isn't good foifoir new Repair's. That will be fun looking for another line of weork at age 49 lol.good luckxx

• Posted

I've just applied for another job myself at the age of 53. My present job involves standing for long periods and lifting 5kg weights up to 30 times a day and I know I won't be able to manage it. The new job means a drop in pay but health is more important. Good luck

• Posted

Its hard isn't looking or different line of weork at this age but our health is Paramount. I work in a ladies boutique standing for 6hours a day so that's not good. Take Care. X

• Posted

Good luck with this job application debra, fingers crossed you'll get it x

• Posted

Thanks matron I think it will be a wise move even though I love my job ,currently working as a scrub nurse in elective orthopaedics and it's just too heavy .

• Posted

You are right to consider a change of jobs then. On your feet all day on it's own is too much. 

• Posted

Hello Debra. If I'm correct you had an anterior repair which would account for the feeling of pressure. There's a big difference between recovery say a month ago and now but you will probably have sutures that still haven't quite dissolved and that would give you the feeling of pressure when you are standing. You may remember I have mentioned before about the hundreds of nerve endings that are cut during the operation. They take a long time to repair and they can cause pressure as well as a numb feeling. What you are feeling should subside in the next few weeks. I can remember the pressure after surgery but I can't remember how long it lasted so try not to worry, carry on building up your strength x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.