Prestiq- abnormal vaginal bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there,

I have a question about prestiq.. been on it for two years 100mg and was great for me anxitey. Xpt for the past one year ige noticed abnormal

Bleeding in between periods for two/3days... and bruises on my legs and nose bleeds + extreme weight gain. So my therapist decided to lower my prestiq gradually to taper off and switch to wellburtin. Now im on prestiq 50mg, it was great at first ( no more bruises or nosebleeds) but out of the blue, a week after my period ended. I started this abnormal vaginal bleeding again and its been 15 days and i gained an extra 3 kgs in one week... is this normal? When is it gna stop?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I really do not know the answer to your issue but wanted to offer some support. For me all depression meds have been awful and make me gain weight so I take klonopin as needed for the anxiety. That seems to help. 

Maybe you could check with you OBGYN just to make sure all that is okay. 

I hope you feel better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.