Pretty sure its not anxiety anymore

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just going to get straight to the point. I am positive i have a disease such as als as my leg feels like its going to give out and aches (feels crampy) most of the time. Im also positive i have dents in that leg ehich i have appeared. I know the chances are so low but it cant happen in teens too. Anyone had a similar fear or symptoms ? 

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Health anxiety is a huge part of anxiety. First step is always to get new things checked by a dr, but you will never believe their reassurance so the next step is to speak to a therapist to get to the route of the anxiety and help it not be an issue in the future xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emily, 

Sorry to hear what you are going through at this minute, sounds like it is all pretty stressful for you!

As you probably know Anxiety can cause quite bit of fatigue and achy legs and stuff so it highly probable that what you are going through is related. Of course with Anxiety we have a tendancies to search for and associated our symptoms with things that are far worse, I know for me the majority of the time everything is normally fine and if there is anything wrong it tends to be pretty much nothing such as a chest infection however that doesn't stop our heads from going into overdrive and making us dread and fear the worse. 

It is hard to tell related to you without knowing a few ins and outs about your anxiety however if you haven't already then it might be useful and reassuring to call in and see a doctor regarding what you are feeling. It may wellprobably turn out to be nothing however they can run a few quick tests and hopefully this will put your mind at rest and you can hopefully put it behind you. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Als does not affect one particular part of your body so get that idea to bed 

as advised see doctor and explain health anxiety 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emily,

Please try to correlate symptoms and pathological report. Don’t jump to conclusion. Take help of your doctor and think of counseling for your health anxiety.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ive been to counselling but they havent got back to me with another appointment bc im on the wsiting list. I have an mri schedualed for the 23rd but i dont want it know bc i know it will not help me at all. I did currently post on a als forum in which they all said i do not have it and then said they were closing the thread, but it makes me wonder what if im right due to symtoms that have carried on 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

As long as u concentrate on it and continue to use google, ull continue to feel the symptoms. That's how health anxiety works. Chase up your appointment , therapy is different from counselling so push for that if you can
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm pretty confident you don't have it but do not understand why you want to be ill and keep searching for yet another illness 

one day you may be genuinely ill and no doctor is going to be live you 

please stop googling possible illnesses 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Unfortunately health anxiety means its a compulsion, its not about wanting to,its about looking for reassurance that it isn't possible to find. Agreed the googling must stop and therapy must begin,otherwise it just won't stop
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes and googling will possibly cover up any real medical problem you may genuinely have one day 

you could be busy googling aches and pains in the back not realising they are referred pains from somewhere else 

by all means it's good to write on here because health anxiety does make  for  isolation but it's imperative to try to accept answers and consider their validity. 

I do always try to give objective answers rather than subjective thought 

tc

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You have an appointment on 23rd and hope it will come fine. Once picture becomes clear, your next target is to convince yourself that you don’t have any illness and absolutely healthy. I know when symptoms are there then it is difficult to accept the condition of disease free state. But don’t let it go into psychosomatic level. Use Google to have some mind relaxing activity or thought boosting games. Stop it’s use for health related information for now. It’s very frustrating to see your each symptom in all disorders. Hope you mange will manage it well. All the best.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Emily

you are getting the mri until then destress, because you are getting yourself in a state and will become pathologically mentally ill with all its consequences and you don't want to go there I can assure you

all of us have said the same thing until you have had your mri which by the way is v expensive and you are lucky to be where this is covered and available just relax and stop googling symptoms

get in with your school work

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emily, I'm getting quite worried about you darling, you don't appear to be taking advise but equally I can understand why and that you NEED reassurance. 

Helping yourself as well as seeking medical help with your anxiety disorder is crucial so somebody needs to chase up the CBT for you, but in the mean time medication could help.

You do not have the illness you think you have but again I know that won't convince you, neither will any of the tests reassure you.

Im sorry I can't help you much further or provide any further advise than I have previously in my replies but do hope that you get the professional psychological help you really need. 

Neil x 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up